I hear you...sometimes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hear you...sometimes!

I got my very nice Elmo HiVision SC30.Quite a spectacular bundle of tricks! Only trouble is,sound is intermittent-like a faulty connection. Perfect,unadulterated sound then 'crackle' and silence.Wait a while....Marylin starts singing again! All and any help appreciated!

We always start with the switch trick:

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bi...c;f=1;t=009425

I won't promise it will help, but it's just like making sure everything's plugged in before calling technical support!

Comment

Thanks Steve.I've fiddled and twisted the masses of switches and buttons on this fellow.It is reactive to many of my manouveres so I'm sure you are on the right track! As a matter of interest,'REC' Vol and Aux In can all restore full healthy sound in a rather unpredictable fashion!Just got through the 600ft "Fiddler" without a problem.....now to try A Night to Remember ;-) Thanks to everyone and a jolly Merry Xmas to all from NZ!Trev

Comment

Sounds like Trevor's projector just needs some more run time and exercising of the switches in order to return to normal operation. Just about all projectors seem to have switch contact problems when left idle for extended periods of time. and Elmo's are perhaps more prone to these issues as they seem to use a lot of microswitches.

Comment

That's about it Paul.It needs 'use'. Just about all the knobs and buttons can give a variable response but when they work properly-WOW!-this machine is a dream. A mass of automation.From start to stop with repeat as required. I've never seen one before,I think the SC-18 was only projector of this type offered for sale in NZ. Best Xmas pressie I've had for a while! I think my tired old commercial prints look better this machines' near 9 inch screen.A very steady and evenly lit sharp picture At 33 pounds it isn't overly portable but sitting it beside the computer makes it very handy!

Comment

Working...
          X