So it does exist!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So it does exist!!!

some years ago on the old forum there was talk about the Eumig 850 Xenon superlux, no one had ever seen one and after it was presented at the Photokina it disapeared. turns out, the Eumig museum has it! and so it does exist! it does look different from the onde picture that floats around on the internet. but here is the picture from the museum, Enjoy!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	850 xenon superlux.jpg Views:	30 Size:	101.0 KB ID:	12748

Wonder how many were made?? Mark

Comment

That's not how I remember the 850 in the early 1970's. It was a 810 model white and black also on show at the Kent photo/film show a little bit later.
      This could be version II which is news to me particularly being all black and a later model.

Also a curiosity is it has on the 800ft Bolex extending arms.

I would hazard a guess from what I know of the range and dates this is just slightly prior to the Sonomatic probably 1976/7 particularly with the larger focus knob and tone controls.
      So interesting I'll go and have a lay down for this exciting news for this Eumig devotee

The new picture in all black throws a small spanner in the works for my Eumig HID lamp conversion and I'm following the original 850 in white and black with a new sloping lamphouse. The is all black one looks like someone bolted a metal box on the front.
      Last edited by Lee Mannering; July 01, 2020, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Interesting.
        What’s that plug dangling near the take-up?

Comment

Must plug into an external black box that powers up the Xenon lamp.

Comment

Yes I recognised it as that from the B&H 16mm Marc 300 machine I used once, the projector would sit on top of the (rather large) power supply with that short lead connecting it.

Comment

What is the spools capacity ?

Comment

Lee says above that the spool capacity is 800 feet.

Maurice

Comment

Thanks for the precision about the arms. I wonder why Eumig didn't sell this model at "large" scale.

Comment

Yes they are the arms from the Bolex SM80 Programmatic 1977 which enabled you to use 800ft spools by pressing the red dot to extend. Clever.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05018.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	12811

Brian's info about the lamp power supply connector is really helpful, so it looks like they had a Marc300 in it then. I don't remember the lamp power connector on the black and white version but it was a long time ago now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	eumig850.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	12812

Comment

yes! this is the picture everyone knows, so seeing one in all black is new to me. i know for a fact that it was a personal projector owned by the Vockenhuber family and it came from their house into the museum. The granddaughter of karl Vockenhuber who founded eumig and her husband are very involved in the museum. very nice lee you spotted the sm80 spool arms, i had not seen it yet. did anyone see the black and white version personally in real life?

Comment

Working...
                      X