DJL Projector Lamp Module Kit Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJL Projector Lamp Module Kit Installation

I just ordered the DJL Projector Lamp Module Kit. After watching the video on installing of the kit, I don't believe I have the ability and know how to do the installation. Will resume to search for plug in type bulb. Any suggestions where to search for best price? Only one I have found is $120. Interlight shows a bulb that looks like what I need but shows 250W and 21.5V, my projector bulb shows 150W and 120V. Thanks

Hi Philip...What is in the kit? I did my own installation on a Sears Du-all and it wasn't that hard. Depending on what's in the kit... you probably only need a screwdriver and an electric drill. Maybe we can help you thru it. Can you post a pic of your projector and the contents of the kit? Sears made a couple modules called Du-all..Just need to see if yours is the same as mine.

This archived thread shows my projector and installation:

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bi...=009488#000010

Did your kit come with instuctions?

Comment

Thanks Janice. I probably have "jumped the gun." I ordered the kit, have not received it yet. I became concerned about how to install it. I watched a video and it looked more complicated than I think I could handle. I handle a drill ok, have done lots of woodwork but not so much electrical. I have cancelled the order

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Collins View Post
        I just ordered the DJL Projector Lamp Module Kit. After watching the video on installing of the kit, I don't believe I have the ability and know how to do the installation. Will resume to search for plug in type bulb. Any suggestions where to search for best price? Only one I have found is $120. Interlight shows a bulb that looks like what I need but shows 250W and 21.5V, my projector bulb shows 150W and 120V. Thanks
        Here is a link to a plug in DJL module for $69.99: http://store.tvedenlampmodules.com/2...-P3088295.aspx

This company has halogen and LED modules for a great many projectors. I hope this helps...

Comment

Philip Collins Sorry to hear you didn't try the conversion. Other than removing the back cover...drilling one hole...and connecting 2 wires you don't have to have any electrical knowledge...just patience. I've converted 3 B&H's without buying a kit for under $20 each. However George Tveden's lamp module as Larry has mentioned is an easy solution. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks Larry for the link and Janice for your comments. I did find a kit that looks to be the same from the link you provide Larry, through Amazon and about same price, seller is BeltingServices. They claim it requires only a phillips head screwdriver but I am wondering how it gets electrical power. Guess I will find out, should get it in about 1-2 weeks.

Comment

Just received how to video from the seller of the bulb kit I ordered through Amazon. Think I can do this one. The two power wires are plugged into the holes with contacts. The screws that hold the adapter go in the other holes across from the holes with contacts. Put the bulb in and done. I will know for sure when I receive the kit. Thanks for your comments and help.

Comment

Let us know how things turn out.

Comment

Received the bulb kit, seller BeltingServices through Amazon. Bit more expensive than the kit that requires removing back, connect wires, drill, etc. This kit does not require removing the back. Remove the bulb, exposes lamb socket, two stripped wires inserted in the metal contact holes, 2 screws that holds adapter insert in holes across from contact holes, insert bulb. Attached is photo of lamp socket.

Having restored light for projector, now will continue project showing film/movies on projector screen and simultaneously/recording with Canon Optura 50 camcorder. Then transfer videos from camcorder to my computer to be edited in Pinnacle Studio 23 Plus. Lots of steps in the process setting up and starting the projector and having the camcorder set up and started at same time.

Comment

Working...
                  X