Little new website about Super 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little new website about Super 8

Hallo, I would like to announce that a new website about the old format was published today. 95% of the website is in German language, but here you‘ll find a page in English with the essential information and links to a nice interview I had with Fred, the owner of the analog film shop in Paris, France (translated to English, please apologize that it is not my mother tongue and I’m not a professional interpreter):

https://off2.de/english/

I hope you like it!

Well done Joachim I enjoyed the Paris Film Shop watched all the Videos very good the one thing about Film Collectors you can travel the whole World and you can vist them because we have the some Hobby Long live Super 8

Comment

Great ! I have been many times to this shop. Fred has always rarities. Most of the time, when you go there, Fred is screening a film to test it before putting it on the website. Piles of films and a projector in use, a dream !

Comment

Dominique, there is also a french version of the interview. The easiest way to find it is on my YouTube channel.

Comment

Thanks, Joachim !

Comment

I've bought several films from Fred (BD-CINE) over the years. Always accurate descriptions and good service!

Comment

Joachim,

Congratulations on your new website! I greatly enjoyed the video. "The flag of the filmstrip is raised here." Great line!

Comment

Ich wird die deutsche Website gern besuchen!

(Es gibt viele Filmvokabeln für mich!) 😉

Comment

Steve, great! There‘s a lot of information there, I am very happy to have the permission to publish nearly all articles of the most important Super 8 Journalist in Germany during the 1980/90. That‘s fantastic. And each week I‘ll publish a new video. With the videos, I will do this for one year from now, and than I‘ll see how the project has developed.

Comment

Sounds great!

Every so often I get the idea that my mastery of the German in my A2 level textbooks makes me some kind of...Language Genius!

-encountering real German provides a healthy dose of Language Humility!

Fluency is like establishing a colony on Mars and I have barely achieved low Earth orbit.

(It's OK: all of my German Relatives speak English!) 😁

Comment

German is a difficult language. By far more complicated to learn than English. I mean, English isn’t easy when you want to reach a good level of quality, but becoming able to „transport“ basic information, this is relatively easy to learn in English.

Comment

Mein Cousin in Baden-Württemberg hat gesagt, dass schreckliches Englisch einfach zu lernen ist!

(My cousin in Baden-Württemberg said that poor English is easy to learn!)

Speaking German is like flying a helicopter!

-all these different parts of speech have to work together at the same time or you come tumbling out of the sky!

I’m glad it’s something I WANT to do, if I HAD to do it, it could be really stressful!
                        Last edited by Steve Klare; July 16, 2020, 03:32 PM.

Comment

got a message Magazine on the way 2 days ago did anybody else get a message

Comment

Yes, I got the same message.

Comment

Working...
                            X