Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig 820 Sonomatic

I might be crazy, but....
    is there not a power switch anywhere on the projector.
    I guess it would help if I had the manual.
    Gregory

Gregory,

When you plug in the Eumig 820, it turns on and starts pre-heating the lamp. The manual for the similar Eumig 810 can be found on this Forum. Click on the Warehouse link above (next to Forum Archive), then click on manuals. Under 8mm Projectors you will find a download link for the 810 manual.

Comment

Thanks! I'm not so crazy after all.

Comment

Yes, not all Eumigs have a power switch and start the fan and pre-heating of the lamp as previously stated as soon as the machine is connected to power. Eumig claimed that pre-heating the lamp reduced stress on the filament since it was not going from cold to full brightness like most projectors do. I tend to believe this as well since the most likely time for a lamp to fail is when it is first started because of the power surge. But when it is already warm there is less stress going to full brightness when projection is started. I wrote an article about this very thing on a modification I did on the Eumig 614d on the old forum a while back. That particular machine is a better design than the Eumig 610d that had lamp-preheating, while the 614d did not. Anyway, you can look it up if interested.

Comment

Thanks everybody. I mainly am after a sound projector to record the audio in order to match up with the video I capture with the moviestuff.tv retroscan mark-1 unit. my old kodak ektasound unit finally died. RIP.
          Gregory

Comment

Message from a farmers field getting ready to project some films to some happy campers.

The latter models of the 800 series machines have on off black switch at the rear of the projector.

Comment

I should point out that Douglas refers to the 810 series, not the 820 Sonomatic.

http://www.film-tech.com/warehouse/m.../EUMIGS810.pdf

Maurice

Comment

If you are looking to sync sound from an external source then you are going to be needing some serious equipment. I don't quite understand how you were able to do this with a Kodak Ektasound machine though that you state is now fried?

Comment

But if your just trying to capture audio from the projector you can do that easily with any sound projector. But you will need a computer program like Adobe Audition to adjust the final sound to match the length of the video you're trying to match. But first you need to time both sources to the exact second and do a speed up or a slow down from there. With Adobe Audition you can select to speed up or slow down the audio without affecting the pitch plus or minus about 20 percent in either direction.

Comment

Joseph Banfield I believe Gregory was syncing audio to digital captures done with his MovieStuff machine. This is not that hard to do with post editing software opposed to syncing digitally captured audio and re-recording directly back to film.

Comment

Yea, I would not think so either but I was not sure what he was trying to do exactly, which is why I covered two possibilities.

Comment

Working...
                      X