Feeding film onto take-up reel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeding film onto take-up reel

I'm having problems with the leader film catching onto the take-up empty reel, Sears Du All Eight Projector. I have owned/used the projector since the 60's but for whatever reason, I am missing the touch getting the leader film to wrap around the empty reel. I feed the film successfully through the projector and when I hear the clicking start, I usually let go and the leader film before would just connect with the front reel. There is no slot on the take-up reel to feed the leader film into. Really puzzled why I can't do this. Any connection to the frame knob? Thanks

Turned the take-up reel around and bingo, works. Don't see the difference, both sides fit but it was just a thought to try and it works.

Comment

Glad you got it working Philip. I pulled my Du-All out and made a video. Guess you won't need it now...but maybe it will help someone else in the future. I always hold down on the upper threader until the film reaches onto the take-up reel. If the film doesn't have a bend in it or is bending in the opposite direction it might not catch onto the take-up reel right away. See the example in the second part of the video.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/m6VCK7ijmgMuf9dt8

Click image for larger version

Name:	Du-All Threading.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	13771

Comment

Does the take-up reel have teeth on it to catch the end of the leader? If it does, and the reel was on backwards, the teeth would be opposite the sprocket holes and the film would not catch.

Comment

Working...
        X