Chinon 9500 blues ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinon 9500 blues ...

I have enjoyed this projector for a long time, and it has great optical and stereo playback, but it has this terrible habit of leaving scratches all to easily. Any advice as to what can be done?

Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
    .....I have enjoyed this projector for a long time......
    Osi
    Has the scratching only recently started?
    Perhaps a good clean around the rollers, etc., could be a start.
    I believe that Chinon projectors have a plastic gate, or possibly only the front section, this could be a problem point.
    I suggest you go all along the film path to find exactly where the scratch could occur.

Maurice

Comment

Your right Maurice, they do have a fairly soft plastic front gate ( why quiet ) and so you can end up with sort of plastic wear burrs sticking out in to the film picture area/ path.

They also have a more narrow gate than some machines so once the edge scratching starts you can`t tell.

But if you then pop them on to say an Elmo with its wider gate, its, What the Heck !!!

The inlet shutes/Shue before/under the first/top sprocket and guidey bits wear like buggery at the edges in to the film path too Osi, so look in there.

I think much of the Chinon plastic generally wears fairly quickly. Its does need a torch, and good pair of glasses or magnifier look see all the way through as Maurice suggests.

They are get them light use if you can, and keep films filmguarded type machines really.

Best Mark.

Comment

Fortunately, I have a spare 9500, so I can replace the film gate, if necessary.

Comment

Working...
        X