Follow up to Chinon ~ Bizarre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Follow up to Chinon ~ Bizarre

So..... I had complained not just a little while ago about sound flutter (chatter) issues with two of my Chinons. Picture is perfect, but that bubbly flutter I get drives me nuts. So, get this.... I found a 3rd Chinon I had put away a few years ago in a different place. Cleaned it up as best as I know how. Put a film on and hmmmm no flutter. Yay! Now the one I just tested is a 6100. Ironically, the two with flutter are a 7000MV and a plain old 7000. Naaaaa. There's no way the same audio flaw is in both numbered 7000 series. Explain that? I'm sure they weren't on the same assembly belt and designed to acquire flutter at the same time with different hours of use.
    Last edited by Brad Kimball; August 02, 2020, 07:17 AM.

Actually, well made things of the same kind tend the fail in the same way at about the same time!

They all have the same weaknesses.

Comment

They both have record buttons that I engaged several times with no film running in hope that the head just needed to be demagnetized. One of them the sound returned to normal somehow. I have no idea if that was the problem. The other one is still getting chatter/flutter

Comment

Working...
      X