Retro-fitting LED lights on 8mm projectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro-fitting LED lights on 8mm projectors

Found this video on youtube where they installed an LED flood light into a Eumig Mark 605D: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXbLHCRWsMI

I've ordered a couple of 20W LED flood lights that seem suitable to the eye and plan to attempt this on an Eumig 807D and if successful perhaps onto a few other projectors too.

There is another video on youtube where they retrofitted an LED on an Elmo Cl-16 with a programmable controller board that causes the LED to flicker at the exact right frame rate to be able to remove the shutter altogether for a very steady picture - can't seem to locate that video now.

Has anyone else attempted this and have any info to share?

I have just replaced a 24v 250w halogen reflector with a 2" down-light LED in a B&H 16mm machine for test viewing on a small screen. I would like to see one of those LEDs shown in that video put in a projector with a condenser lens system, I fell that would give better results.

Comment

The video says the picture is bright but not if it's as bright as with the original lamp. If it's not, there is, for me, no inteterest to replace an halogene by a led since I use my projectors only for screen projections. Of course, if you get the same brightness, that's another story.

Comment

you know, altough that is a fun mod to do if you want to do it. personally i wouldn't bother myself because the original bulbs are easy to find and the led will probably generate heat also. yes the power consumption will go down from about 175 watts to just 85 watts but i dont think i would feel that in my wallet enough to care.

Comment

The main attraction for me would be if we could increase the light output and lower the temperature at the same time.

Comment

That would, indeed be fantastic, Xander. So far, leds have not succeed in replacing projector lamps. Let's keep our fingers crossed while you experiment this specific model.

Comment

Working...
            X