Very unusual Eumig Viennette Submarine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very unusual Eumig Viennette Submarine

Hi all, Jeurgen Lossau has found a very unusual Viennette submarine housing. for who is not familiar with it, it is an underwater housing for the Eumig Viennette. made by HugyFot in switzerland and this company still exists. when you google is you can only find yellow ones. i myself have own two, with the camera still inside, noth yellow. now jeurgen found a red one! My guess is that either this was repainted by the owner who wanted maybe more visibility or a special order. i hav asked the eumig museum ef they know more and i am awaiting an answer. anyway i thought it if a fun item to share here
    Click image for larger version  Name:	044373_eumig_vienette_submarine_03-750x500.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.3 KB ID:	14714 Click image for larger version  Name:	044373_eumig_vienette_submarine_02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.9 KB ID:	14715 Click image for larger version  Name:	044373_eumig_vienette_submarine_04.jpg Views:	0 Size:	142.1 KB ID:	14716 Click image for larger version  Name:	044373_eumig_vienette_submarine_01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	93.3 KB ID:	14717

Had a Eumig Nautica myself in oh late 1978 was it? The first water proof super 8 cine camera down to a depth of 130ft providing your gaskets were a perfect fit. Ideal family camera with children , water ,sand it was a good choice.
    Purchased it new not cheap also buying some Pathescope binoculars at the same time I seem to remember. We were making a film on the Kent River Medway including a boat chase and this young man had the brain wave to film part of it underwater. Some of you reading this from the Medway Kent area will know visibility was zero. Good idea at the time tho but the silly things we come up with enthusiasm.

Comment

Working...
    X