No announcement yet.

Kodak Instamatic M55-L movie projector.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kodak Instamatic M55-L movie projector.

Hi

Having saved the above from the Rubbish Dump (my Mother in Law was going to throw it out), I would like to get it working. Ideally, I would like to see a circuit diagram before I go poking around. Any idea where I can get one?

Also, has anyone managed to convert the lamp to LED? Maybe my using the base of the old lamp?

Kind Regards

Martin

Martin, you should know that the Kodak Instamatic projectors do not have a good reputation for reliability. They are extremely plastic and parts break easily. With all due respect of your desire to get this thing working, it might just be a hopeless task. At least consider buying a projector of high quality, such as Eumig or Elmo which will give you far more satisfaction and will be much kinder to your films.

Comment

Hi Paul, that's fair comment, but it's in pretty good condition so i'll give it a go. I won't spend too much on it though.

Comment

Please save it. As a boy I had the little very basic kodak projector 50+ years ago. I was enthralled by its magic and if memory serves me right it had a 150 watt 110v lamp but may be wrong on that after all those decades.
        Oh those childhood memories.

You could convert it to led but I dont think ths light brightness will be as good unless you are using it for a corner working display perhaps, still better than the tip.

My projector kept me thrilled for hours and my school friends as well.

Servicing I dont think you will find much to service other than some cleaning a new rubber belt and a little lubrication. Cant quite remember lamp model but think it was DFC type

Comment

This was my first ever projector,.It was quite solidly made but the problem was the lamp cost.It was £5 in 1968,that was a quarter the price of the projector.The lamp came on even when rewinding,you couldn't turn it off.An Uncle of mine gave me a switch to connect into the lamp circuit,but this cut out the motor as well. I only found this out after having drilled a hole through the projector casing to fit the switch!

Comment

Hi MARTIN, are you still wanting M55L information? If so pm me I have service manual, will post to you.

Tom.

Comment

Working...
            X