Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 5min - Super 8 Film!

Hello everyone!

Before COVID my friend and I grabbed my Nikon R10 & some Tri-X to shoot the following film. It was a 2-day shoot.
    For reasons I won't get into, it sat on my hard-drive until I could finish the Music and Sound work.
    We had some fun on the run and gun and I hope you do too.

Since it has been submitted to festivals the Video link will require the following PASSWORD: SRF2020.
    https://vimeo.com/444781123

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and feedback, Thanks!

The images looked great! The R10 is very sharp. Did you do the editing in camera?

Comment

Thank you for watching and leaving a comment Rick. Im afraid that most of the editing happened in post as we had to shoot the sequences out of order.

Comment

Evan,

Really enjoyed the film...thank you for sharing it!

Comment

Evan,

Well done! Many nice little touches, including the chain link fence scene and the early reference to your previous films. I like the atmospheric soundtrack along with the excellent foley work.

Doug

Comment

It was very nicely done!

Comment

Nice work Evan, very creepy! I liked what looked like stock footage; thought I was watching an Ed Wood film for a second

Comment

Really great, never knew super 8 Tri- X could look this good.
                I must say we have some really talented people on this forum, both technical and artistic.
                Last edited by Paul Adsett; August 15, 2020, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Thank you to everyone who took the time to watch and write a message!

Doug, I’m happy to hear you enjoyed it and noticed the references! Easter eggs are kind of our thing, haha.

Joe, Ed Wood wouldn’t having come to my mind, thanks for the fresh perspective!

Paul, Thank you! We’re definitely an eclectic bunch! Tri-X can be fun, even if there’s a preference for Double-X. Have you watched The Lighthouse? I know those shooting film are missing Plus-X

Comment

Nicely done, good use of foreground elements in many of those shots- it really added to production value.

Comment

Working...
                    X