ELMO K100 shutter removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ELMO K100 shutter removal

Howdy, my first time posting here. I have an Elmo K100 and I plan to transfer the footage via my DSLR. Once captured, I have software that will get rid of duplicate frames and the frame advance.

The Elmo has a 3 blade system and isn't ideal for the capture I'd like to get so that all being said, I'd like to remove the shutter blades. Looking in the projector the blade plate is screwed to the pulley wheel and seems simple enuff to remove IF I can actually get this wheel out. Removing the belt is a non-issue as is loosening the wheel from the axel. However, the gap that the wheel sits between is narrow enuff where sliding the wheel off the axel is incomplete.

Does anyone have any experience with these projectors in this regard? It doesn't seem there are any other significant pieces to be removed from the projector to create the necessary space to allow removal of this wheel. Any advice or elsewhere I should look at is welcome.

Haven't owned this particular model but something else fairly close (Fujicascope m39). Although the shutter blade was bolted to the drive cam, but another parts were pressed-in assembled making it impossible to remove anyway.

I eventually ended up removing the whole assembly off the body, took out the whole camshaft/shutter/cam ass'y, and saw off all three blades away then reassemble. Quite a brutal/barbaric solution but that works.

Comment

Working...
    X