800' Standard 8 Projector(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 800' Standard 8 Projector(s)

I'm asking about standard 8 800' capacity projectors, I didn't know there were any until a reel of Standard 8 shorts has come in on a STD.8 800' reel, so if 800' STD.8 reels were being made then there must have been some 800' capacity projectors available, so does anyone know of any?

The Silma 240 https://van-eck.net/en/spare-part-fi...152&type=240-S and the famous Siemens are two names that comes to my mind but there are probably more 240 m capacity standard 8 projectors.

Comment

Was there a Heurtier 800' STD.8, I remember seeing one many years ago if memory serves!

Comment

In addition there were also the Fumeo OemmeO and Micron OemmeO for 8mauer with 600mt spool capacity, that could also project STD8

Comment

The Calvin Movie Sound 8 had 1200 foot capacity, and I believe could handle up to 1600 foot reels. This projector was introduced in late 1952 and made through 1956. Made by the Calvin Company of Kansas City, Missouri.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Calvin Movie Sound 8 Projector-Recorder.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	244.1 KB
ID:	15122

Comment

Barry. You'll see a few Kodak Sound 8 projectors which have been modified to take 1600ft spools. We split Tuscan 16mm spools down to keep the films on which works well also. Nostalgic projector that little Kodak machine and with a bit of light engineering a doable conversion.

Comment

The English Specto 500 with extra extension arms takes 900-ft. reels. From 1936 on additional arms to the Paillard-Bolex G were available that allow 800-ft. reels. The Siemens & Halske 800 SEPMAG projector can accomodate 2,000-ft. reels. There may be more.

Comment

I’ve just bought a duo 225, these are standard 8/super 8 sound projectors that take 800ft reels, 20w sound output to.

Comment

Working...
                X