Watch Bogart Super 8 film here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch Bogart Super 8 film here!

Here is reel 2 of the superb 1972 BBC documentary Tribute to Bogart, now available nowhere except on Super 8 as a 2 x 600ft release. If you have never seen this film it is well worth a peek, with great clips from Bogart's films and terrific commentary and narration by Joseph Campanella. It runs for 28 mins, and starts at the Casablanca sequence and going to Bogart's death.
    This video was captured directly off the screen using a Eumig S938 Stereo projector, with sound output connected directly to the computer. My screening room is in the foreground. The film is mostly black and white on color film stock. I have removed most of the color fade in post processing, ending up with a slight sepia image.
    Hope some of you will find this enjoyable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lix4...ature=youtu.be

Thanks for sharing this, Paul.

Comment

excelente paul,it,s a very nice documentary,i do looking for this at some time i hope i can find a good copie too.
      thanks for sharing ,

luis caramelo

Comment

Applause to you, Paul, for that great video. That was nice to see to see your screening room, but could you please put up a copy of just the super 8 film itself? It's a nice print.

Comment

Thanks Osi. Yes, a plan is in place to get the whole Super 8 film, part 1 and part 2, up on youtube in a full frame format (no background). I decided on the screening room format in order to provide a means of attractively presenting a reduced picture size, in order to reduce the visibility of digital artifacts. It looks a lot better than a small picture in a black void! But I am now getting help from a generous fellow forum member who is loaning me his print, which will hopefully be better than mine and will enable us to go ' full screen'.
          Stay tuned, all will be revealed soon!

Comment

Working...
          X