Super 8 Filming Projects LANCASHIRE COAST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super 8 Filming Projects LANCASHIRE COAST

Always a popular film with film collectors THE LANCASHIRE COAST British Transport Film is also regularly enjoyed here and a movie which captures the vibrancy of the North West seaside coastline UK.
    We finished Super 8 filming a couple of weeks ago making a film to show how much the coastal resorts have changed over the last 60 years or so.

Results processed are back and on the whole very pleased with the images and colour from Kodak 100D and the Leicina camera which as yet has never failed to deliver. I have to edit next and produce a mixed sound track but it should make a nice little film for shows out and about next year.
    Watch this space as they say.

Off screen projected on the Eumig HID 860

Click image for larger version  Name:	a lancs coast.jpg Views:	0 Size:	136.0 KB ID:	15319

Click image for larger version  Name:	a lclm.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.0 KB ID:	15320Click image for larger version

Name:	a lmp.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	15321

Looking good Lee, gorgeous colours!

Comment

Thanks John. Its that Optivaron lens that's the real secret it delivers deep blacks from the emulsion. No surprise that Beaulieu later picked up the same quality of lens but not the unique Leicina Special gate aperture. Having been thru the cameras over the years the Special is the pinnacle for me at least and has a loyal film making following.
      The fully manual ASA settings are really handy and the zoom range is amazing at the tele end taking shots from Southport of Blackpool tower no less!

The Special was produced over a 5 year period from 1972 onwards and fondly known in the trade as THE BRICK. Tv companies still use the occasionally for effect as I have done for the odd job needing film.
      Quite a nice read here: http://gmpphoto.blogspot.com/2018/04...mera-ever.html

Comment

Working...
      X