Projection Room on Super 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projection Room on Super 8

Yikes it must be about 10 years now, since myself and our part time projectionist took this short short Super 8 film

I found today one of the last weekly schedule I did just before the place closed. The private marked Jason was the mall manager presentation on the future of the mall to all the shopkeepers. It was not until the end of his presentation some asked what happens to the cinema? he basically told them it had to go to make way for the extension Click image for larger version

Name:	P1140800.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	15541
    Last edited by Graham Ritchie; August 22, 2020, 09:25 PM.

Graham
    You were lucky to have a four-tier platter set-up.
    In all the cinemas I worked in the later days we only had three-tier platters. This often meant that a whole film had to be lifted from one screen to another.
    In a five screen multiplex we had the one very long projection box. It was not practical for one platter assembly to feed to another some distance away. Unfortunately, the architect obviously thought that none of the auditoria should be the same size, hence often having to move films from an afternoon showing to another screen for a later evening showing.

Maurice

Comment

Working...
    X