Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better lamps for the Eumig P8?

Hey, just had a thought ...

One of my gripes with a number of the classic standard 8mm projectors is that the lamps do not tend to be very bright and you end up having a fairly small image on you're screen.

Question, what are the brightest lamps that you can get for these projectors ...

Eumig P8?

Keystone K108 (Not sure of the model, but it's the lovely one that is permanently "attached' to the box, (folks who own it will know what I am talking about).

Osi
    As the years passed, so did the lamps for the Eumig P8 models, and of course, different fixings. So there's no real answer.
    You could read Tom Dennis' recent answer in the heading :- Eumig P8 - Standing Image Not Working.

Maurice

Comment

A later dual 8 projector would be a better option for a brighter, and larger image. I primarily use a Bolex 18-5L Super with a nice bright halogen bulb. But when I need to view a regular 8 film, which isn't often, I use my Elmo FP8-C which uses a 150 watt halogen bulb.

Comment

Hello OSI. I am in coversation with KOOS as per Maurice Leakey's reply.There is a bit more info on this post
        Iam assuming you mean original P8 not the brown plastic machine which replaced it. The lamp list for P8 is as follows ~ A1/186 2pin base details SCC BA15s which could be coverted to I.Q with a simple plug in unit, this then ran a A1/215 lamp.
        At the time reservations were voiced as to the perceived overcooling of these lamps leading to a shorter running life.But as the running time was longer and the cost was less who cared?
        I last saw these on Grahame Newham site but unfortunately he was taken ill some while ago and had to give up sevicing the cine community.
        The next move from EUMIG was to fit A1/193 4pin base details BA21s 4 pin not sure why but moving swiftly on
        The last P8 desinated NOVA came converted to I.Q. using A1/215 G6,35 base.

So if you have a 2 pin A1/186 it might be possible to convert If you have a 4 pin A1/193 I know of no conversion, and 100w is the largest 12v I.Q. lamp, after that they go 24v

Comment

Working...
        X