Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Bit of Luck and a Lot of Kindness. + Workshop manual ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Bit of Luck and a Lot of Kindness. + Workshop manual ?

Now I`m the first to say cine has lost the plot a bit and gone rather cashey in recent times.

Not too good for the hobby if itgoes any further really.

But there are times when you do get something really nice happening too.

You may of seen my middle son had some very bad luck with an Elmo ST160, his first projector but then he has now had some very good luck and super kindness.

Rob from the forum had offered us a very little used silver Elmo ST600DM in its box for £75, very fair and kind. But also in the mean time a forum member told me there was a pack for my son at the loal PO completely out of the blue.

I thought maybe a couple of disney 200 footers or something to get him going.

I give a few bits way etc too and Nigel sent my son a couple of nice new sealed films with an order recently.Very nice.

But I`ve not done anything on this level we were about to find as heaven`s above, my son went to pick it up, a huge box, very not 2 x 200`s !!!

Anyway he got it home and low and behold there was a mint Sankyo 702 twin track 150 lamp in its oriigianl box, " serviced " in there for him, and it is absolutely minty and beautiful !!! Just an absolute wow one.

Amazing kindness and a super start for him in the hobby and nicely takes away his bad luck on his first machine.

After this I still took the ST600 as did`nt want to back out after Rob put some effort in sorting it and new belts and already packed up etc too and its great for Jordan as back up and that too is absolutely minty and a wonderful runner too. So he is well covered for ages and well away.

Though obviously the main event was the totally free and surprise 702, there is still amazing kindness in the hobby from forum members ( Thank you Rob and Nigel too). My son loves the 702 and super 8 but is keeping it cool and steady away.

The 702 forum member said I could mention it but to please keep them anonymous, but I thought it would be nice to share this wonderful kindness, and also hobby support too.

I wondered as well is there a serivce manual for the 702 please you can get so my son can really get to grips with learning how to work on projectors, he is handy with DIY etc so should be able to work at it and his brother is getting good with electrics.

Though thats for the future as these are both super . The 702 sits out much of the time so he can just look at it as well !!! lovely. To say he`s absolutely over the moon with the Sankyo just does`nt start to get there.

There are still many very kind and hobby minded people out there, others too, so still good times and support for this great little hobby.

Best wishes and a big thank you too.
    Last edited by Mark Todd; August 28, 2020, 03:45 AM.

Nice story and very happy for your son! Thanks for posting.

Comment

What a wonderful post! There are so many helpful and generous people that share this hobby. I look forward to reading about Jordan's future 8mm adventures.

Comment

Mark

Oldtimer Cameras have printed manuals for the 702 instructions and also service.

https://www.camera-manual.com/sankyo-702-manual-21224

Maurice

Comment

What a great story...loved it!

Comment

Working...
          X