Again the Elmo GS 1200 projector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again the Elmo GS 1200 projector

my elmo gs 1200 projector works well except for the take-up reel. It turns slowly, sometimes it stops and starts again.
    I feel this problem is with the item in the photo attached

Does anyone have an idea?
    thank you so much
    Attached Files

Antoine,

Occasionally the gear at the bottom of the take up arm splits. Take a look at this thread.

Doug

Comment

Was that the machine from Bob?

Comment

Quite possibly its the small relay on the main circuit board. It controls the voltage to the rear take up motor.

Comment

Here is the section in the service manual that covers the rear take-up arm - hopefully it can give you additional options to look at:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 1.png
Views:	275
Size:	437.3 KB
ID:	16162
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 2.png
Views:	261
Size:	283.2 KB
ID:	16163

Comment

Thank you for your answers! Everything you wrote has been checked and there is no problem there!
            But I wonder what the small potentiometer N ° 3 is used for in the attached photo. When I touch the trasistor cooler it burns my fingers
            thank you so much
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello Antoine,

I have just sent you an Email.

Transistor(s) Overheat = Too Much Amp throughout circuit
              (If you can not stand heat with your fingers , that means T° is closed to 60°C)

I suggest you to :
              - Check Motors / Mecanisms spins freely
              - Check Brushes and collectors for cleanliness and condition (worn ?)
              - Check Brushes size : If too short, worn out , replace them

Bon Courage
              Tenez moi au courant
              Last edited by Phil Murat; September 03, 2020, 03:40 AM.

Comment

I had this problem a few times and once it was the board with the pots on it. Here is the thread it may help you. https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-b...=001511#000000

Comment

Hello Alan,

Thanks for this very valuable information.

I have just passed an order for 2SC1815 transistors (just in case of.....) , they are cheap....

Did you noticed a power transistors overheat on this board too (impossible to keep fingers on aluminium heat sinks) ?

Complementary "Fault" information :

Antoine's machine shows an intermitent fault, sometime take-up motor runs, sometime not ........

Comment

I never checked for heat since I got shocked from a TV that I never discharged the caps to-threw me across the room! So I waited a good few hours till I started poking around in the GS..

Comment

One option is to do this, I did years ago and have had no problems since.

Comment

Thank you very much for all your advice.
                        But it's too complicated for me considering my age and my ignorance in electronics.
                        I have two broken GS1200s but I have ST1200s which work very well and which are more mechanical than electronic.
                        My best regards to all
                        Antoine

Comment

Working...
                        X