Sankyo 2000H questions and issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sankyo 2000H questions and issues.

Well I decided to get the Sankyo 2000H dual 8mm projector. Wow it's a lot heavier than the Chinon 2500GL. It was sold to me as never used - looks complete etc in original box.

It projected a Popeye 8mm just fine.

BUT - there is a rattle (plastic on plastic) during Forward or Reverse. Turns out that it is the back cover slightly touching the white fan flywheel. There is a molded recess on the back cover where the wheel fits. It does not look warped or anything like that. I can adjust where it doesn't touch it but then it comes back. When the back is off the projector sounds fine. By the way there is plenty of room in the recess if I could just shift the white wheel a bit.

So, now that I know it's an alignment issue with the fly wheel fan into the back cover recess - is there a way to shift the fly wheel on the shaft just a 'smidge" to eliminate this annoying problem? Would some sort of lubricant applied to the walls of the recess help?Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4195.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.9 KB ID:	16219

Here you can see where that wheel is rubbing and there seems to be some old blackish grease in there --

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4196.jpg Views:	0 Size:	64.0 KB ID:	16220
    Last edited by Philip Hamilton; September 03, 2020, 04:54 PM.

Philip...Loosen the 2 philips head set screws on the fan wheel that secure it to the motor shaft. Then just lightly tap the fan wheel to position it not to rub on the cover and tighten back the set screws.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200903_163110.jpg Views:	0 Size:	64.0 KB ID:	16222

Comment

Originally posted by Janice Glesser View Post
      Philip...Loosen the 2 philips head set screws on the fan wheel that secure it to the motor shaft. Then just lightly tap the fan wheel to position it not to rub on the cover and tighten back the set screws.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20200903_163110.jpg Views:	0 Size:	64.0 KB ID:	16222
      I just figured that out !! thanks! Initially I didn't see those set screws so I fumbled around the wheel and saw the two screws. Bingo. I loosened them - shifted the wheel and viola! No rattling. Came back upstairs to post my 'fix' and saw you responded. I should've seen those. Clearly this was an issue with the unit as it appeared someone tried to put some 'grease' on the side of the housing recess. It may have come from the manufacturer this way. Who knows?

This seems like a pretty solid unit and thanks for the recommendation.

Comment

Working...
      X