Eumig mark 610 d - lamp not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig mark 610 d - lamp not working

Hi Everyone, new to the forum and 8mm as a medium!

I recently purchased a EUMIG 610 D projector which seems to be fully working except for the bulb itself that reveals the image. I thought that replacing the bulb would solve the problem but that hasn’t had any effect and am now a bit stumped as to what could be the problem.

If anyone has any help it would be much appreciated!

Thanks!!

Hi Jacob,
    Try cleaning the lamp contacts with power disconnected. They often become oxidised.

Comment

Start by measuring voltages at the lamp socket. If the 12 volts are found change the socket. If there is no voltage present at the socket move to the lamp transformer and measure again. If you then find your missing 12 volts that would indicate a faulty or misadjusted microswitch. If you don't find your 12 volts at the transformer you have an open primary or secondary winding. And don't forget to check the pins on the lamp itself as they oxidize too over time.

Comment

first thing i check is oxidization on the lamp contacts and fitting. the transformer almost never goes bad and apart from a misadjusted micro switch there is not much that can go wrong. my method is very simple and if you feel safe doing it you can do it to. let the projector run without film and with the lamp cover removed. run it with the lamp on setting. then wiggle the fitting on the lamp slightly, you can't get electrocuted because it is very well isolated. 9 out of 10 times the lamp comes on by just doing that. as soon as the lamp is switched on it gets hot fast so don keep your finger on it longer then needed.

I have seen situation where someone replaced the ceramic fitting with a plastic crown stone plug. this is not heat resistant and will melt. then the contacts are not isolated anymore.

Comment

Working...
        X