Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nizo 6080 Troubleshooting

Hello,

I have a Nizo 6080 and Crystal sync box which has been in storage for some time in its original aluminum case. Trying to check the unit today, I find that the motor doesn't seem to run nor does the power zoom. The battery box does have corroded terminals. But the yellow light did light up. To be honest, I'm a little hazy on its operation having not used it for some time.

Does anyone have english instructions or ideas on how to troubleshoot this thing?

An English manual would help too. I do have the original in German.

Thanks for any suggestions,
    James

Do not use the battery. Open it and replace the six rechargeable cells with 1.2 Ni-Cd new cells or equivalent (but be aware of the total voltage does not exceeds 7,2 V with at least 600 mAh). Before that, however, you should clean all the contacts. The yellow light should be cancelled by turning the speed selector knob to single frame after the main switch has been activated. That should erase the special effect program (which may be activated erroneously by the system if the power supply is not OK). I hope this helps.

Comment

Maurizio,

Thank you so much for responding. Will 1.2 Lithium Ion work or should I stick with NiCads? The contacts are all screwed up so I think I'll have to jury rig something temporary just to verify it works. I seem to remember it set for the Crystal Sync connectors which may be part of the problem. I'll post some photos ASAP.

Again: THANK YOU!

Comment

One of the contacts in the battery pack is dead for sure. Here are photos.

https://imgur.com/a/eRyZjk4

Comment

I tried jury rigging something but got batteries stuck in the battery holder. And didn't get the contacts working so not a successful test. I think I need another battery holder.

Comment

Working...
          X