Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8mm Cartridge simular to 9.5mm Cartridge

I saw this 8mm Camera on ebay, it takes a Cartridge simular to 9.5mm,
    but with Double 8mm film cut in Half, to fit into Ekran 8mm Movie Camera Cartridge.
    I guess you would have Cut film in the Dark, and reload yourself.
    see photos at

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-...97.m4902.l9144

Interesting found. Thanks for posting it !

Comment

A Russian camera. Either they supplied the film slit (who knows what they did in "iron curtain days?) or you used the slitter supplied with the Russian LOMO development tank (which you need to load in the dark) in the way Rodney said.

Comment

The cartridge lid appears to just push on without any form of locking, but, perhaps it was not intended for the user to open the cartridge as it was presumably supplied already loaded, used, and then sent off for processing.
        Interesting for a collector, but not really worth all the hassle to actually use it.

Maurice

Comment

Yes at a period of time, probably before Single 8 / Super 8, it must have been popular, theres quite a few of the Ekran 8mm Cameras on ebay with the reloadable cartridge included.

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Vintage-movi...AAAOSwNIhebTRk

Comment

Brian, it looks like slit 8mm was available in the free world. This is an extract of the films available from the Belgian company Gevaert. I'm not sure of the date, it may be in the '40 (1941 may be a code an not a date).

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201013_085329.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	18523
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201013_085348.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	18524

Comment

Working...