No announcement yet.

Typical Print run for Derann full features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sure does. Twas said printing dried up due to the lab damaging negatives on a regular basis along with other factors.

Click image for larger version  Name:	LM-deraaa.jpg Views:	0 Size:	100.5 KB ID:	17553 Came away with a couple of these that Christmas 😎

Comment

Lee, what a photo!!!

The Sound of Music is the 6x600“ full feature... The soundstripes are the poor black ones, so it’s definitely a later print.
      Otherwise it’s stunning!

Comment

And from my video as well 🎥
        They did so struggle to get that grey stripe right so 10/10 for dedication. We nick named it Lumpy Bumpy stripe after the cake due to the lumps of oxide that you could pretty regularly see. Bit unfairly really, mind you I took delivery of a new unopened print recently with the grey stuff on and the sound quality is amazingly good.

Comment

What was Deraan's print run of Fantastic Voyage. Did they all sell and how was the quality ?

Comment

I think that would be a question for Ged on the "Derann Vaults" Facebook page.

Comment

Comment

„Fantastic Voyage“ is not pin sharp, but a real beauty.

Comment

I often find that CinemaScope focus can be tricky. I can't get both credit title text and picture sharp focus.

if I get the text sharp-then picture is slightly off. And vice-versa.

Comment

Allan, Fantastic Voyage is a Derann print rarely offerd for sale. The screen shots and honest assessment by Oliver still keep us hoping to ad this to our collection one day!

Comment

Chip. I focus scope with the knob then make microscopic adjustments by holding the projector lens, worked well over the years being a very fine adjustment.

We should start a thread 'The sharpest Scope 8mm releases'. If I had to site one it would be the 200ft TAKE IT FROM THE TOP A 1966 Columbia short filmed from the sky over Columbia, originally 23 minutes when released and a great short. Of course this is where Super 8 Scope comes into its own having many of the Fox Scope short subjects on offer from Derann you wont find of other media and the true meaning of rare..

Comment

I have what is probably an extremely rare scope short. It is a black and white but sepia toned Fox short time introducting scope, hosted by the studio head at the time and after a short introduction by said person, you are then treated to a helicopter tour of the studio. It is in the cineavision style, BTW.

Comment

This title sounds very interesting, Lee!
                          And I like the idea of this thread.
                          Start it: I know some very sharp titles...

Comment

Working...
                          X