EUMIG 610D - Film not able to be pushed through the projector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EUMIG 610D - Film not able to be pushed through the projector

My projector was working completely fine, having only just been serviced, and typically I would push the film into it for it to run through the mechanisms and come out to be taken onto the spool. It now feels like something is obstructing it around the area of the lamp, I've taken off the front casing but can't get a good look at what could possibly be the problem. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys

Hello JACOB

Have you swung open the lens assembly to reveal the gate?
    The instructions show how to do this.This will show any thing amiss in this area.

Regards TOM.

Comment

There is a lever above the lens and that causes the lens and gate to fully swing open for cleaning. The film path on that machine is easily visible when the front cover is removed. There must be something caught in the film path not allowing the film to be caught by the two claws, which is what pulls the film through the gate on this sprocketless design. Also check that spring inside the gate that puts pressure on the righthand side of the film since it has a habit of popping out of place during cleaning.

Comment

since it was serviced, has it worked fine after this. it might be that they removed the upper plastic part above the film gate which houses the spring for the upper loop. maybe for cleaning, you can place it back in a wrong position so the film will not slide into the gate.

Comment

Working...
        X