Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JURASSIC PARK & CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF World Premiere Showings at Steve Osborne's !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JURASSIC PARK & CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF World Premiere Showings at Steve Osborne's !

On Saturday , September 26 , 2020 THE REEL IMAGE owner Steve Osborne had the WORLD PREMIERE showings to a group of avid film fans at his annual Outdoor Movie Theater presentation in Kettering , Ohio .
    Those LUCKY to attend were : Terrence Brundage , Jeff Johnson , Bob Statzer , Michael Lattavo , James Trombino , Chris Cottrill , Bill Phelps Jr. , Bill Phelps III , Mollie Collier , Amyci Grooch , Debbie Zornes , Thomas Morton , myself along with Steve Osborne ( the projectionist ) .
    BOTH digests were very well received ; CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF absolutely amazed the viewers as to the seamless flow of the soundtrack and film editing . In fact Terry Brundage had NEVER seen the original full - length feature of COTW and commented " This was probably one of THE BEST digests he had ever seen ! " " It was so atmospheric and the scenes in the flow of action built to the exciting climax ! " .
    Jeff Johnson made the comment , " This digest's color was just so vivid , much better than my copy of the feature of JURASSIC PARK I own . "
    Along with the digests Steve also ran some cartoons , ( one was an old Disney musical of Dancing Skeletons ) , Coming attractions ( One was JURASSIC PARK III ) , The Universal 8 200 foot version " The Creation " from BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN and The Walton color ( NOT FADED ! ) version of ONE MILLION YEARS B.C.
    I introduced the show and fielded some questions from the audience - one of the most asked was - " What's being released next ?? "
    It was necessary to explain that , based upon sales of JURASSIC PARK and CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF , that would determine any future releases made by me . HOWEVER , at this time , I DO HAVE 2 others that are on the " Story Board " ; one in color , the other in Black & white .
    It was a trip - and an adventure that was WELL WORTH everyone's time !

IN CELEBRATION of the GREAT success of this private showing , I will offer anyone interested in purchasing these digests BY CHECK payment a 10% discount ! Simply go to Steve's website .
    Here is the link for that information -
    https://thereelimage.jimdofree.com/
    Happy collecting !

PS - DO YOU WANT TO SEE MORE SUPER 8MM DIGESTS RELEASED BY ME ??
    AND IF SO , WHICH TITLES AND GENRES ??
    LET ME KNOW BY PM OR EMAIL !!
    EVEN START A THREAD ON THIS FORUM !!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7619.JPG Views:	62 Size:	96.1 KB ID:	17805 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7610.JPG Views:	58 Size:	78.8 KB ID:	17806 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7617.JPG Views:	57 Size:	111.5 KB ID:	17807 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7616.JPG Views:	57 Size:	84.8 KB ID:	17808 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7618.JPG Views:	58 Size:	114.1 KB ID:	17809
    Terry Brundage , Steve Osborne ( the projectionist ) , Bob Statzer , Bill Phelps III , Michael Lattavo , Jeff Johnson , Tommy Morton and Me
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7615.JPG Views:	54 Size:	112.7 KB ID:	17810 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7608.JPG Views:	56 Size:	65.2 KB ID:	17811 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7611.JPG Views:	55 Size:	85.7 KB ID:	17812 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7607.JPG Views:	51 Size:	79.7 KB ID:	17813 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7613.JPG Views:	52 Size:	69.9 KB ID:	17814
    Bill Phelps Jr . , Steve Osborne , Me introducing the show and the audience seated in the wonderful out-door theater at THE REEL IMAGE !!
    Last edited by David Baker; October 03, 2020, 02:07 PM.

Sounds like a great time had by all, well done to all involved, Mark

Comment

Great !

Comment

Nice pictures, can't wait for my copies to arrive. Looks like everyone had a great time.

Comment

Congratulations on what was clearly a great evening. I've been privileged to see a few premieres of Super 8 releases - sometimes when Derann would show brand new releases at the Blackpool Dinner film show - but this may have been the first ever OUTDOOR Super 8 premiere!

Comment

well done Steve & David!

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7145[1].JPG Views:	0 Size:	135.7 KB ID:	17833

This is the screen view at the show...the only photo I took....this was pre show setting up the screen. A great time as always hanging out with old and new friends. The Curse and JP digests were awesome and I can't wait to receive mine. Both of the prints looked fantastic and went over well. Steve is a great host and he and his wife Jo work really hard to make the evening a success and it is always an excellent time!

Comment

In Scotland when the national anthem was going to be played at the cinema, instead of everyone standing up, they used to race for the door.

Comment

Same south of the border in England.

Comment

Also looking forward to my JP film arriving.

These days I'm one of the growing number in the UK collectors who have largely moved over to buying new releases in the main having a good collection of some 50 years collecting.

Pencil me in for a Christmas 28min cut down should it happen. Something along the lines of: Deck the Halls, NL Christmas Vacation, Home Alone II or Jingle all the Way.
                    We have been devoid of seasonal releases for years and thank goodness for the Reel Image new trailer reel with much excitement here ☃

Comment

What a premiere! Congratulations! Wished I had been there!

Comment

Make sure to get Steve Osborne's NEXT issue of THE REEL IMAGE for reviews of these GREAT NEW digest super 8mm prints !

Comment

Will send a list of films I would like to see...even own, pn Super 8 - Shorty

Comment

THANK YOU Shorty , I look forward to it !!

Comment

One of the reel plus points of this hobby is sharing it with others.
                              Wonderful pictures and what a great premiere

Brits we need to do the same for a tremendous effort on these new releases.😀

Comment

Working...
                              X