Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Projector bulbs ? Any expert advice please ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projector bulbs ? Any expert advice please ?

Hoping someone can help
    Apologies is this is an obvious question - I am not a Cine expert
    I've just brought my Prinz Magnon Super IQ Dual Format 8mm Cine Projector down from the attic for the first time in 15 years
    I fed a reel in - It seemed to be running sluggishly - but for brief moment I had an image projecting onto my dining room wall...
    ...but then the bulb blew - since then the projector has speeded up - but obvioulsy not getting an image now
    Can anybody tell me what the correct replacement bulb should be and where would the best place to buy one either online or in London ?
    The bulb that blew says : Philips GER 12V 100W HO 6834 FO - is this the best one to try and find a replacement for ? or are there alternatives ?
    Any advice on the best way to get a replacement gratefully received
    Thanks
    Peter

First question, as I don't know Philips numbers, is it a reflector lamp or just a 2 pin capsule one?

Comment

Brian Fretwell Thanks very much for reply Brian - I have had really useful replies in the 8mm Forum from Steve and Maurice who suggest that the Philips bulb is https://www.lighting.philips.com/api...AA.PROF.FP.pdf
      they have suggested an Osram alternative
      I have ordered the following :
      Osram MR16 64627 HLX Halogen Lamps with Reflector

For £7.97 from Amazon Prime
      which I Hope will do the trick
      Thanks again
      Peter

Comment

I did not realize that Peter had posted this topic twice. To avoid dueling threads, I'm closing this one. If anyone would like to reply, please do so here.

Comment

Working...
        X