Bell & Howell 10MS - no framing since misfeed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bell & Howell 10MS - no framing since misfeed

I have a Bell & Howell 10MS Projector. It has been working perfectly until I had a minor film jam / misfeed in it. I carefully corrected the problem; but ever since, when I load any Super 8 or 8mm film, the way it is displayed on the screen is in such a way that the film is literally running through the light / lens hole with no framing. As an example, it is like looking at the film with the naked eye with a light behind it as you turn the reels - no framing or motion aspects. I checked all the inner workings and everything seems fine. The rubber belt is brand new and the drive assembly appears to be in working order with no disconnects or internal breakage. Any thoughts on what I should try to remedy the problem? Thank you.

If you mean the film is never stationary in the gate, just being pulled through, it could mean the tip of the claw has sheared off or the gate is not closing properly and the claw does not engage.

Check the claw and the gate first.

Comment

Hi Brian. Thank you. I will look for that. Yes, the film appears that it is just being pulled through only by the momentum from the reels. The "claw" as far as I can tell is performing its motion to advance the film, but perhaps part of it sheared off.

Comment

This is a good video that shows where I may have the problem - The "Shuttle"

Comment

Working...
        X