Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bell and Howell 370

Hello,

I have a Bell and Howell 370 I'm trying to get running. I'm new to this so I apologize for probably using the wrong terminology. The autoload sprockets do not turn reliably. They only sporadically turn and so the film does not feed through smoothly (that's after I manually feed it since it doesn't have enough strength to feed itself). Once the film taken it up it's pretty herky-jerky and seems to be fighting the autofeed sprockets and occasionally stalls.

I tried a few drops of oil on the spindles, and that seemed to help and made it less sporadic (and noticeably smoother to manually turn). The bottom almost doesn't turn at all, and the top one is somewhat reliable. Any other thoughts on things to try? Attached is a picture if that helps.

Thanks!

Greetings Dan
    what i would do is remove the the 2 gears and relube the shafts
    The grease on the gears is this old grease ? if this is clean off and redo
    Can you turn this by using the silver knob from the outside. the gear that's in the middle should turn
    Hope this helps

Comment

Thank you, I will give that a try. Yes, the outside knob turns the worm gear and everything else fine... All original grease I assume.

Comment

Did you ever get your film sprockets to free up? I have a similar problem with B&H 383A model but only on the lower sprocket. Have you tried removing those gears on the back side? If you did how did you do it?

Comment

Working...
        X