Dollar for dollar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dollar for dollar

Excuse the grammar cell phone microphone in use dollar for dollar what is the most money you have spent on a film print in your collection I will begin

James Cameron's Titanic full length scope stereo $1860.00
    Last edited by Chip Gelmini; December 03, 2019, 03:34 PM.

$780 for a 16mm reduction print of A&C Meet Frankenstein. I was young and knew no better. Nice print though.

Comment

My most expensive print was a brand new Derann feature.

-but then again since it was a gift, maybe that was my cheapest print.

Of course it was a gift from my wife, so maybe it should be considered only half price!

(....What was the question?)
      Last edited by Steve Klare; December 03, 2019, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Last month I paid $288 for a 16mm film of "Teacher's Pet" with Clark Gable and Doris Day. Unfortunately this advertised as "Like New" print arrived with a strong order, warped and twisted, and had a combination of 86 splices and sprocket repairs. Killed me to have to send it back for a refund since it was one of the two titles on my wish list.

Comment

Two Derann features bought new aside (because I don't remember how much I paid for them, I took benefit of their six months payment scheme), € 300 for The Sound Of Music.

Comment

My most expensive film is Singin' In The Rain for $350.

Comment

£595 for terminator 2 scope derann print worth every penny love the film an this hobby lol X

Comment

The most I paid for Super 8 was £160 for a Derann “Dracula”.

Comment

...Re-Starting my hobby 40 years later has made catching up an unexpected but rewarding investment. The prints I have been fortunate to acquire thus far have varied in cost. From bargain to ludicrous, yet in some cases I paid the price to satisfy my enthusiasm. I have several Reel Image Prints and we know their
                  value, but not in Dollar for Dollar sense: Rather What is it worth too you? Going for an expensive print like Scope Titanic may not be attainable by all, but we all know it would be one of the best in our collection. And probably the most expensive. MOST money spent on a Film : about $1500 USD for INDY 2
                  From Germany. Fully re-recorded into Dolby Digital.

Comment

Working...
                  X