GS1200 Technical advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GS1200 Technical advice?

I have a problem not yet encountered on my GS1200. ESS switch is set to normal, Power is on. Press forward and rear spindle turns, but sprockets not turning and lamp does not light. I moved the switch from normal to ESS and back a few times but still not operating forward or reverse with switch set to
    Normal. Any advice where to start?

Burton,

Sorry to be obvious, however has the still button been pressed accidentally?

Comment

No Doug, but problem solved. The frame speed switch had moved out of position and was between 24 and 18. Everything working fine now! Thanks for the reply.
      ​​​​

Comment

Burton,

Ah! Another switch to check....the more a projector does, the more things there are that can go wrong!

Comment

Life is never dull when you own a GS1200!

Comment

You said it Doug and Paul! My GS1200 has served me well since the Recording capacitor replacement, Thanks all! , Green guide modifications ala Graham Ritchie , the upgrade to a 1.0 lens thanks to fellow Forum member Joe Taffis and with the addition of a sync device known as the Renzo Box! I am fully aware of some issues with this model and I was sure everything was right...like Douglas added. CHECK EVERY SWITCH. Good luck for me it was as easy as that. I screen most films on my Sankyo Stereo 800 with a HIPRO lens and audio output to satellite speakers. I find the result fine
            for the space needed for a quality presentation.
            But I really need the GS1200 to stand up.
            I have 12 reels to re-record into English and didn't want it to fail me now...

Comment

It'll probably explode next time I switch this on as result of praising it!
              My first GS1200 AKA 1983 his given me excellent service which I put down to being its only owner with just one rewind gear splitting to date thankfully, oh and I put in a new top guide. Uncle Bill fitted me a 2 blade shutter and I'm taking the plunge converting it to HID at the moment ready for my Film Fair in the UK next year we ope.

Glad you sorted the minor problem Burton and I tend to look over everything thing on my 1200 before hitting the power up switch.

Comment

Working...
              X