Low sound on GS800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low sound on GS800

The sound on my Elmo GS800 has gone very low, have to turn up the volume all the way up to 11 to hear anything. It was fine few days ago. Has anyone any ideas how I can rectify it?

Hi Phillip,

This one's a classic that probably comes up here maybe once a month. As a matter of fact I had one of my own Elmos do exactly this last weekend. I was cranked up basically full blast and my sound was barely loud enough.

Please try this:

1) Unplug the machine
    2) Quickly press and release the record key(s) maybe 10 times (maybe more...it happens)
    3) Grab a 3.5mm plug and plug and unplug things like headset jacks. (10X)
    4) Turn the volume switch off and click it on and off.(10X)
    5) Work things like track select switches and PA switches: basically any switch you have that controls sound.

Plug the machine back in and give it a try.

Optional: The DIN external speaker jack(s). I've seen this one, but it's not a top-ten kind of thing.

Often this will get you back in business: sometimes it doesn't, but it's a great thing to try first.

Comment

Steve you are a star, worked a treat.

Comment

Noooo, I'm not!

It's just something I learned about 18 years ago when I got my first Elmo machine and I like to make sure a lot of other people know it too. It's the go-to for many sound issues.

That's a discouraging feeling watching a machine circling the drain like that: you know there are some that aren't ever coming back.

Comment

Working...
        X