The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes Promo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes Promo

This is my first post on the 8mm forum having just registered. I have collected Super 8 films since 1977 and frequently attended Derann Open days and the Blackpool Film Convention. There are a few questions I would like to ask forum members over the next few weeks.

This is something I have searched for since I started collecting. In the late 1970’s there was a small format film review magazine, A6 size and in it was a review for a production featurette on the making of The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes, Billy Wilder’s 1970 classic. Apparently, it featured filming the Loch Ness monster sequence in the studio tank. As I am sure you are aware they tried to film on the actual loch, but the model of the monster sank only to be recently located whilst scientists were looking for the real monster.

The review stated that it had good print and sound. I have never seen a copy listed in sales lists or at film conventions. I believe it came from the same Super 8 company that produced The Outlaw Josey Wales and Magnum Force promos. I believe it was printed by Cine Magnetics.

Has anyone on the forum seen a copy of this promo and if so could they comment on its content?

You might be in luck as Phil Sheard CHC had a copy on his lists for months..no idea if he has sold it or not?

Comment

I am quite certain Cinemagnetics was the lab that Jeff Aikman used for his JEF FILMS products.

cg

Comment

Working...
      X