Eumig Mark S 804 2-Track manual needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig Mark S 804 2-Track manual needed

I just bought this projector but it seems the manual nowhere to be found on the internet ,does anyone have a scan of it ?

Thanks

Luke

The S804D seems to be quite a rare model, It followed the extremely popular S810D. You can click below for an online copy of this latter projector's manual. It seems that the only difference between them is the method of changing the two film gauges.

Note that the alternative "bits" needed for the change are stored in the detachable side panel.

The dual gauge models only have one claw. This can be seriously damaged, or broken off, when changing the gate plates. On the left rear of the projector is the inching knob. You will see a small coloured dot. This dot must be set at 12 o'clock. In this position the claw is retracted.

On YouTube there is a tutorial on the S804D. Most unfortunately, the presenter does not refer to withdrawing the claw when changing gauges. A very surprising action and is to be deplored.

Good luck.

http://www.film-tech.com/warehouse/m.../EUMIGS810.pdf

Maurice

Comment

Thank you Maurice , this really helps . I read the warning once I took of the side panel but wasn't sure if it was referring to the button on the back . Yesterday I spent an hour trying to figure out how to put the 8mm spools on .

I have only been in the hobby for a few months , started with a Silma 120m so there are still things I need to figure out .

Is there any data base for 8mm/Super 8 where i can see what movies have been released on the formats ? As i am only 30 most of the releases happened before I was born so i have no idea what to look for.

Comment

Luke
        On this very forum is a list of film releases, go to Print reviews and on the top of the page is List of reviews, click that and enjoy, Mark

Comment

And there is also https://super8database.com/ the super 8 database which is being constantly added to. with 4826 entries to date.

Comment

Luke

Regular 8 spools fit directly onto the feed arm. For super 8 spools an adapter is needed. Note that the take up spindle only accepts a Super 8 spool. (Even if you are to run a regular 8 film). The threading lever must be held down until the film exits the left rear of the projector.

Note that there is a three-way horizontal switch marked 1. 1+2. 2 controlling which sound track can be played. Regular 8 films only have one track so the switch must be on 1.

Most Super 8 films have two magnetic tracks, the main track on 1 and a small track, known as a balance track on 2.

Most Super 8 films will need the switch on 1, but stereo films will need the switch on 1+2. Of course, the sound will not be stereo but both left and right sound tracks will be combined.

There should be no need to use 2.

Maurice

Comment

Thank you , that is something i was trying to figure out , how to control the sound track .

I was trying to watch a movie on 3 reals today and all the reals have issues with threading the film so i opened the projector and found this , could this cause the issue ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	8F3B85E8-FB27-433A-BA76-7DE009CE51DE.jpeg
Views:	165
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	20461

Comment

Luke
                I am not sure what we are looking at. Would you kindly explain the problem.

Maurice

Comment

It’s the piece that holds the gate in place , not sure of the name . There is a piece of metal that is bent . The one on the left while the one on the right is not . I’m not sure how to fix it.Click image for larger version

Name:	19582672-9ABE-4B53-9B9F-69A8C22E9663.jpeg
Views:	163
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	20524

Comment

Luke
                    The two silver "things" are springs which give pressure to the top and bottom of the film gate. This evens the pressure on the film.
                    They should both look the same. As it is, there would be uneven pressure.
                    I am not sure which one is correct without actually handling it.

Maurice

Comment

It looks to me that one of the thin black metal parts that presses against the silver shoe under neath to keep it sprung is bent upwards, it needs to be flat against the main part like the other one.I’ve had a look at mine and there does not seem to be a way of removing it to flatten it out so i would imagine the whole part may need to be replaced.

Comment

Yes , that was the problem . I managed to fix and while not perfect I have watched 3 reels both in regular 8 and Super 8 and did not have any issues .

Now i need to get hold of some sound film and test that .

Comment

Working...
                        X