Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do these films exist with a sound track ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do these films exist with a sound track ?

Hello
    I have a few silent feature films in super 8 but they have no soundtrack : The Black Pirate, Orphans of the Storm, or Metropolis for example.
    Do these films exist in super 8 (feature version) with a soundtrack ?
    If so, I am willing to buy them.
    Thank you for your help !
    Best regards

Orphans does. As far as I know not with magnetic or optical tracks. What I mean is, YES there is a score. The question is are you willing to try something different?

For my print I run the DVD feature that has a musical score. It's not synced locked and the movie run at 24fps will end slightly early but I run the music out as exit music

The important step before starting the movie set the dvd paused on the first frame then release dvd pause when the first movie print frame hits the screen.

This sets up an interesting evening and although it's not really what you asked for it is an alternative. You might just be surprised how simple it is as well as how good it works

I bought the dvd on Amazon. I encourage anybody interested to give this a try

Chip G

Comment

Thank you for your detailed answer.
      I have composed and performed a score for this silent film, as long as many others.
      What I am looking for are super 8 prints of this films (and others) with a magnetic stripe in order to have sound along with the film.
      If these films were never released with a sound stripe in super 8, I will have to have someone to add this sound stripe on my silent prints.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that Blackhawk films released deluxe editions of "Phantom of the Opera", with a scored soundtrack, but I think that our illustrious Shorty will have to answer that one with authority.

Comment

„Metropolis“ exists on Super-8.
          I own a print but I don’t know the distributor.

Comment

Here's a sound print of "The phantom of the opera" for sale, but only in the US, alas.
            https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/vbb/f...d-8mm-features

Comment

Illustrious here....yes, check the Blackhawk catalogs

Comment

Thank you for your answers !
                My question is not if Metropolis exist in super 8 : I already have it. My question is : dos it exist with a soundtrack included with the film stock ? I don't know how to ask the question to be precise. My super 8 prints of The Black Pirate, Orphans of the Storm, or Metropolis have no magnetic track on them : I am looking for these same films in super 8 with a magnetic track on them.
                Thank you for your understanding !

Comment

Yes, „Metropolis“ exists WITH magnetic soundtrack. The leader says THUNDERBIRD FILMS

Comment

Baudime, you can also have NEW magnetic tracks, both main and balance stripes, applied to your silent films. Alberto in Italy does this work

Comment

Thank you Oliver and Joe !
                      I would like to find this Metropolis print with a magnetic soundtrack. I have a silent print from Blackhawk. I hope the Thunderbirds print will show up one day !

Comment

I have Metropolis in sound. Beloved Collectors Club did the film on 8 spools and magnetic striped mine in the 70's adding a music track.
                        A few years later I put the Moroder track on it and more recently the BluRay.

You can get your silent film sound striped by Movie Magnetic details are on this site and record your own track.

Comment

Thank you Lee for your message. I hope I will find this print ! However, I will never add the horrible Moroder soundtrack... Beurk... Complete non sense. I am a composer of silent films' soundtrack for more than 20 years (my scores have been performed all around the world). Metropolis is my next project. Well... IO am in touch with Alberto and when the time comes, I will get my Metropolis super 8 print with a soundtrack ! Best regards

Comment

Horrible sound track really?
                            I sat in a full Cinema in 1986 and it was the sound track ot our time. Seem to remember Empire saying it was a Essential view back then.

Geat fun to be had with this rotating filters in front of your optics as well.

The 2010 symphony Gottfried Huppertz score is amazing on the recent blu ray and this is on the 8mm film print. A thing of beauty really.

Comment

Working...
                            X