What is the most beautiful projector?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the most beautiful projector?

What is in your opinion the most beautiful projector ever released ?

As my knowledge is really limited for me it would be the Silma 120 M , really nice 60’s design.

I think my Beaulieu 708EL Capstan Drive Stereo is beautiful.
    https://www.filmkorn.org/super8data/..._cd_stereo.htm

Maurice

Comment

As much as I love the hobby I couldn't describe a projector as beautiful, great design and nice looking at most, Mark

Comment

I spent 50 years as a cinema projectionist and to me anything cine is wonderful. But some things are even beautiful, take the Gaumont Kalee 21 projector as an example. Worked on a pair for years, in the good old days.
        https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...e_Model_21.jpg

Maurice

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Mander View Post
          As much as I love the hobby I couldn't describe a projector as beautiful, great design and nice looking at most, Mark
          I tend to agree with you, Mark. Most projectors built from the 1970's onwards I would say are generally "nice looking." " Great design" is probably down to personal choice. I must say that a lot of the earlier contraptions, mostly standard 8 and sadly a lot of 9.5mm projectors can only be described as down right ugly.(IMHO).
          However, if I am pushed to name a projector that is "nice looking" and "great design" then......predictably....... the GS1200! Sooooo professional looking!

Comment

Yes Maurice, film has been a good friend in my life as well. 8mm wise I love these two old girls the GS800 and the GS1200. Using these side by side is a joy and particularly always had a soft spot for the less complicated GS800. My own produced S8 films get projected on the 800 and the commercial releases the GS1200 in the main.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LM C2020.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	21034

The other beauty was my 35mm FP20 projector which sadly had to go due to lack of space, but I do miss it very much

Comment

Similarly to me then Maurice, for the last 25 years I've worked with a busty blonde and a busty brunette..................... Mark.

Comment

Two GS1200 machines that purr like a kitten with a full belly would be beautiful to me (and I can't stand cats)

lol

Comment

Maurice, I agree with You

Comment

The one that doesn't brakedown or scratch films

Comment

Even though I don't have one. I agree with Maurice, his Beaulieu is just stunning. Runner up, probably the GS1200. Honorable mention the Eumig S824. and the Bolex M8R.

Comment

The Eumig P8, but then, I am pejudiced as this was my father's projector, but I still think that it is a sexy little projector to this day.

Comment

[QUOTE][The Eumig P8, but then, I am prejudiced as this was my father's projector, but I still think that it is a sexy little projector to this day./QUOTE]

My first 8mm projector as well Osi, I purchased mine in 1959. I remember it was a game changer both in terms of its sleek modern design and its lighting system. Everybody else was using inefficient 500 watt lamps, and along comes Eumig with the little P8 with its high efficiency 12 volt 100w lighting, which was just as bright as the 500 watt Bolex M8 and Specto 500's. The P8 had huge international sales and moved Eumig into the leading position of worldwide projector companies for the next several decades. And with those Eumig wire spools it is a great looker too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	p8 ad upload.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.9 KB ID:	21068

Comment

Bolex 18/5. Any version. Quality and design at its best.

Comment

Like you David I am partial to the Bolex 18-5 and 18-5L Super! They are superb in every way!
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191202_110559.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	21075

Comment

Working...
                              X