Eumig Museum video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig Museum video

Hi All, the austrian broadcaster N1 has made a video about the eumig museum, i thought it would be nice to share the link here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioM618GfoYk

Wenn ich wieder Wien besuche, ich dort gehen muss!

(There is nothing like seeing equipment I still use all the time in a museum to make me feel old!)

Comment

Very interesting how they maneuvered around mentioning the iconic Volksempfänger radio sets that they built for the Nazi public. I wonder how they could have forgotten that?

Comment

I've been to Germany and Austria quite a few times and knowing how they deal with that part of their history I'll give you odds it's pretty prominent in the museum.

Comment

Yes Steve, almost every industry museum in both Germany and Austria I have visited have them. When I lived in Vienna those Volksempfängers were all over the fleamarkets every week in piles. I just thought it was ironic how the video completely avoided an era that was so profitable for them.

Comment

Try to look at it this way:

You're doing the new advertising campaign for Hugo Boss.

-do you lead off with "We made the SS look good!".

Mercedes Benz.........

Comment

You're point is well taken but it is after all a museum!

Comment

they do have volksempfangers, that is absolutely no secret. they also made field telephones and ingition systems for mines in the war. and very little movie equipment. altought the field telephone was really not known by the people running the museum until about three months ago. ww2 collectors allways said they made them but there were no records of it. and yes everyone made stuff for the war effort back then, be it voluntary or forced.

Comment

Working...
                X