Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling kit on Ebay, this how I now have to word my descriptions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling kit on Ebay, this how I now have to word my descriptions.

Not that it will help but here is the text to my latest attempt to sell an Elmo ST1200 on Ebay. Im trying give the possible buyer a heads up and offer an objective overview of what they are buying, and how to conduct themselves when they receive the item. Its getting pathetic trying to sell film equipment on Ebay with all the A Hole buyers that exist. Stay safe all, eventually Ill run out of wind and stop ranting.

I DRAW YOUR ATTENTION TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AT THE END OF THIS DESCRIPTION. PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND. IF YOU CANNOT COMPLY THEN PLEASE BUY FROM ANOTHER SELLER.

Selling another one of my superb...
    ELMO ST1200
    SUPER 8 SOUND PROJECTOR
    Optical and Magnetic playback
    SEE THE VIDEO OF THIS PROJECTOR WORKING: https://youtu.be/IGDiu3y1zq4

THESE ARE GETTING RARE NOW AS COLLECTORS ARE HOLDING ONTO THEM, HENCE THE PRICES ARE RISING.

I had 8 (now just 5 left) of these superb projectors and feel now is the time to cut back on my collection as I will never get around to using them all. The several have sold within hours of being listed (see feedback...buyers have been very pleased) Another 2 have recently sold as well.

If you are looking at this auction. then you probably already know about the Elmo range of top flight projectors. Only bettered by its big brother the Elmo GS1200.

Elmo projectors are superbly made and this one is no exception. It has recent new belts and a clean n lube, so it works as intended with head recently cleaned and demagnetised.
    • 1200' reel capacity
    • 18/24fps
    • 150 watt lamp
    • zoom lens
    • built in speaker
    • vu meter
    • Metal Construction
    • Original case
    • Original complete set of accessories inc mic and stand
    • Original power cable
    In lovely clean condition, works as intended.

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING ADVICE: If you are new to the hobby, or a long standing hobbyist who may not know the following. ALWAYS attach extra leader to both the front and end of your super 8 films. If any projector is going to damage your film , ie damage sprocket holes, concertina the film, or snap, it will be during initial loading, and a reason why we hobbyist prefer to manually lace the projector and NOT use autoload. With extra leader attached you damage that and not your film. You will/would have seen the many feet of leader on professional 16mm and 35mm films.
    The Society of Motion Pictures and Television Engineers (SMPTE) recommend a minimum length of leader of at least 260 frames (over 10 seconds) which equates to around 5ft of super 8 leader. Trust this makes sense, remember you are not playing a DVD you are using a precision item so care MUST be taken and observed!!!!

Please see the video of the projector working:https://youtu.be/IGDiu3y1zq4

The service manual can be found here: http://www.mrelmo.co.uk/manuals/8mm/st1200service.pdf

(DOES NOT INCLUDE THE WHITE TAKE UP SPOOL/REEL)

Note: I have another 5 Elmo ST1200's for sale. If interested please message me and I will list per request.

PLEASE ASK YOUR QUESTIONS AS HAPPY TO HELP

SEE VIDEO OF THIS PROJECTOR WORKING: https://youtu.be/BF2YAsimQ0w

THE FOLLOWING IS VERY IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND

I can post, at your cost, but will not accept any responsibility for damage or loss, preferring collection as this is a fragile optical instrument and pick up is the safest option.Apologies for the long Terms and Conditions but due to an increase in non paying bidders, SNOWFLAKES and scammers I have to now take this course of action
    • THIS IS NOT A NEW ITEM!!!
    • If you are of the nervous type when buying online, please ask all your questions before bidding or pass this one by. This projector is in working condition but is VINTAGE and will have some signs of use, small marks on the paintwork etc. I am tired of bidders expecting brand new with a business warranty back up. I am a sole seller who has been in the cine hobby since 1973. I have a substantial collection which I am slowly selling off. My Buy it Now prices are based on current selling trends for this models value is gleaned from various online 8mm forums and selling sites, as such I usually price lower than market value.
    • All my items are tested before packaging, if a fault is found the buyer is informed with the offer of cancellation. Any item I sell as needing repairs are always marked as SPARES OR REPAIRS. This ELMO ST1200 is in working condition.
    • I have had recently, and unprecedented, 3 returns to buyers against super 8 kit ALL WITH VIDEOS CLEARLY SHOWING THE ITEM WORKING AS DESIGNED:
          • One buyer said there was a problem and demanded a partial refund of £175, which I did, then 3 weeks later wanted to return the projector as 'not working', so refunded but still have not received my projector back.
          • Another buyer bought a top end super 8 camera shown clearly working, they wanted a return as not working, I accepted, and on inspection they had broken the trigger release by pressing too hard when the trigger was in the lock position, a £300 camera ruined as no where to replace, no spares parts, thanks for that.
          • And the last one was because the person didnt know how to lace a projector properly.
    • I would prefer you to collect from Bristol as I will not be held liable for any delays or damage received to the item. It is upto the buyer to check that the packaging appears solid and that the item has not been damaged in transit. I always help if there is an issue, tho my goodwill has been usurped recently.
    • There is no warranty, offered, implied or given, and is sold without refund or return. Once bought its yours, unless it is dead upon arrival. Please remember most super 8 projectors are over 40 years old. The ELMO ST1200 came out in 1973, so this one is possibly 50 years old. so expect some minor signs of use, but as this is a quality item it will give many more years of service. All serial numbers are noted.
    • These terms are NOT to exonerate me from my selling obligations (Ebay fully protects the buyer but absolutely NO safety for sellers: read articles on the 8mm Forum website about selling cine on Ebay) These terms ask that YOU THE BUYER try and be objective and reasonable. If you have my kit, and dont know how to use just ask. If it turns out something may have broken, upon receiept of Video proof showing the damage plus as a continuous shot showing the serial number. You will be offered a partial refund or a return.
    • I can post overseas, just ask.

Mark
    Excellent. You have covered everything. I wish you luck.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELMO-ST12...EAAOSw789fj0yK

Maurice

Comment

You certainly have covered everything. But, geez... you shouldn’t have to.

Comment

I don't blame him and the sad truth is that, even with all this hard work, a person could still possibly screw the seller.

Comment

Hi Mark, do any of these have a universal power supply, do they also work with 110V. Thank you!

Comment

Hello Alan, I believe (and projector not in front of me) the voltage intake of the projector can be dropped to 110v (North America) from the European 240v. Can other members advise Alan?

Comment

And this could be the icing on the cake for ungrateful eBay super 8 buyers. As mentioned a recent sale of my Elmo st1200 resulted in the buyer demanding a refund as it chewed part of his favourite Tom and Jerry film film (Funny how my full length Star Wars film run through this very same projector has never suffered, hey ho, he is the customer) When I sold him the projector I included free an ELMO 912 editor and a 4x400 print of thE naked and the dead war film, both FREE (plus cost me extra to post, I always offer free post, as the editor and film were sent separately) Anyhow Im thinking I don't like people to feel bad, so I message the buyer and say please keep the editor and film, sell on and then you will have money to source a replacement copy of your T and J film. Do I get a thank you, or even an acknowledgement, nothing, nada, zippo. I think this buyer (and I so hope he is a forum member) is an 'absolute shower".

Comment

Alan
                The Super 8 Database quotes the following for the Elmo ST 1200 MO :-
                100-115-125-200-20-240 V AC. 50/60 Hz.

Maurice

Comment

Working...
                X