HELP damaged EUMIG Mark S switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP damaged EUMIG Mark S switch

I have been trying to restore my EUMIG MARK S, but it is an endless pain. Replacing the motor supports, I broke the contacts and damaged the very flimsy switch, I am attaching a picture. Can some one help me uploading a picture of a working switch, so I can try to reconstruct mine. Thanks for any help.
    Attached Files

The small "C" shaped piece of metal is missing from your switch. It is used to snap the switch to the right to start the projection lamp. The small "C" shaped thing is slotted at both ends and is held in place by friction, which means it would be very difficult to fabricate. If you can't locate it you're only option would be to find a donor switch assembly.

Comment

Dear Joseph, thank you very much for the photo. I will try to fix/fabricate the piece. As you observe it is not a job for the faint of heart. I am in Colombia, and EUMIG projectors are not easy to find here, so I will try to do my best.

Comment

You're more than welcome and so happy I could help! And if I'm not mistaken, that switch is not model specific. I believe it is used across both the 700 and 800 series, as well as the Bolex clones too. It should not be too difficult to locate. Asking here in this forum may bring results since many will have parts machines lying around.

Comment

I believe that Eumig custom designed and manufactured just about all their parts, such as switches, for their projectors in house. So the only source for these switches is another Eumig projector.

Comment

Dear Paul, thanks again. I will make a post in the forum.

Comment

well it is essentially a micro switch, so maybe there is a fitting replacement. i hope you find the c spring again. on another note. when you replace the motor mounts you dont have to be in that area. it is all accesible from the back

Comment

Dear Erik, thanks. I had to open the switch panel because I had made my own supports for epoxy resin, and had to push them out from that side. That is how I came to damage the switch.

Comment

Ah i see, yes that can be risky. i hope you can find the spring. i have been looked in my own parts pile if i have the switch because is have disassembled some 800 series projectors but unfortunately i don't have them anymore. btw making the motor mounts out of resin is a fine way of solving the problem. i before van ecj made 3d printed ones i have made them out of brass and later resin and all work fine

Comment

Working...
                  X