Keeping lists of film wants for you and your friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping lists of film wants for you and your friends

This is something I have been doing for many a year.

Most of us I guess have a small or large list of films we are looking to collect, but a few decades ago I started holding lists of collectors I knew who were looking for titles themselves. This system of collecting has many advantages all round plus you eventually build up a network of collectors who you will get to know albeit remotely most of the time and its proven to work very well.

Another upside is sharing the hobby, enthusing about it and problem solving of equipment if that arises. Everyone in 'the blue book' has been of help to me in one shape or another and I have tried to help them along the way just for the love of it. In the UK the reel film scene has always had a good social side to it for those who want to participate and the share a list thing is a bit of a extension along that line in order to help each other out.

The ultimate success was when a name in the blue book wanted to complete a Super 8 feature missing 2 reels. After a couple of months we as a collective found the two missing 600ft reels and completed his film for him.

It's a great feeling to see a fellow collector reunite missing reels and get to see a favourite film once again bolstering a collection.

This is truly a wonderful hobby of ours and you can make it quite a social one if you want to, at least when we wave goodbye to Covid in 2021.

Enjoy your forthcoming Christmas film friends and remember 'Tomorrow is another day'

I have started this if only to stop me buying a second copy of one I already have, especially from wondering if I needed a reel 3 or a reel 4.

Comment

Lee - Your idea of keeping a "blue book" of people looking for specific titles / reels is a really good idea and opens up a network of contacts for you which should be applauded.

I did something in a similar vain earlier this year on this forum when I started a topic in the Film Sales / Wants section entitled "The Odd Reel Buy / Sell / Exchange..." in the hope that it would turn into an ongoing request platform for members in one place instead of placing individual pleas. It didn't seem to work as it fizzled out in June. However, I have "bumped" it up to today's date for your perusal.

Comment

Lee, Melvin,
        this is a great idea!

Comment

Can I send you mates MY want-list? Cheers, Shorty

Comment

Dear Lee, where can I send you my want list? PM?

Comment

Working...
            X