What projector is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What projector is this?

In a Monty Python episode called Dinsdale John Cleese is shown taking out a projector 8mm I assume does anyone know the brand? The take up reel turned counter-clockwise.

Looks like a Eumig P8.

Comment

I agree with that., can't say which variant though.

Comment

Yes, I agree also. The one dislike I had for the P8 was that the film fed the opposite way to other projectors meaning it had to be wound onto the feed reel "against the curl"

Comment

This is an original p8. The giveaway is the knob on the lamphouse for filament adjustment.and the single switch. On these the arms folded into the the body of the machine.

Comment

Indeed, Tom. Something I didn't know. I was given such a machine from a friend who had it in her attic. When I open the box, I asked her if she had the arms. I eventually opened the projector and was surprised to see the arms inside 😁

Comment

Funny thing when he was done showing the film he just picked it up a threw it across the stage

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Goss View Post
                Yes, I agree also. The one dislike I had for the P8 was that the film fed the opposite way to other projectors meaning it had to be wound onto the feed reel "against the curl"
                Yep, same issue I had with it. Kinda a neat projector otherwise.

Comment

definateley an Eumig P8, first model 1954. a shame he throws with it

Comment

My very first 8mm projector was the little P8. At the time (1959) it was quite revolutionary in terms of screen brightness, using a 12v 100w lamp, and the design with the front and back reels was very modern in comparison with other manufacturers. Plus it was excellent value at 33 pounds sterling.
                    After using a 9.5mm Pathescope Ace, the little Eumig was a real eye opener for me, projecting bright sharp Kodachrome films on a 3ft wide screen. I later bought the Phonomat tape synchronizer attachment (which was later integrated into the Imperial projector) and it did a great job of synchronizing commentary, music, and sound effects.
                    This was the projector that really put Eumig on the map throughout the world, and they never looked back, going from one great projector to another all with outstanding innovations.

Comment

Working...
                    X