Bad ebay buyer named and shamed!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad ebay buyer named and shamed!!!!!

Firstly moderators if you feel the following is in bad form then please delete, no actual full details of the person will be mentioned. OK, as you know I have had some run ins with incompetent buyers on ebay, but the following takes the biscuit. I sold a mint working (with video showing it working with the ebay advert description) FUJICASCOPE SH30, aftyer two weeks this buyer says the optical sound is low and wants half their money back, some £280. I try an assess the situation via emails, clean this, check back, nothing seems to work. So we settle on a £175 refund (Ebay not involved) then a month later he asks Ebay to offically start a return as "The projector not as described. It does not work, I cannot even turn it on'. Well it arrived back, a day late, and straighht out of the box i plug it in and it works perfectly PERFECTLY. I call Ebay and state EBAY can refund this shyster. So as a warning to all fellow hobbyist you may sell on Ebay avoid buyer carolandadrian6 I believe the buyer was told they shouldnt have spent so much money just before Christmas and it was a weal lie to get their money back. I have written to this buyer saying that I am disgusted with their behaviour. Its bad enough using couriers to transport sensitive vintage projection kit, yet having it going back and forth across the country is not a good idea. Any way, dear moderators, I believe the above is a fair warni ng to other sellers on this forum including businesses who may encounter this usurping buyer. Stay safe all.

Fortunately, this kind of experience is more the exception than the rule, but I feel for you, and if
    that new "pilot" program in the U.K. is successful, it will get even worse for sellers.

Comment

Mark,

Your post is a good warning to our members.

Comment

Hi Mark. Experienced film people who have purchased many times at uk film fairs. That's not to say however problems cant arise sadly. Ironically I purchased a projector off them which used to be mine in the 80s having changed hands a number of times and going full circle. Had a fault as well when I got it but cured that.
        Old kit = repairs as we know but it's such a shame to read of your ordeal and certainly learn from.

if it's a small consolation a good number of collectors I keep in contact with have had trouble with fleabay this year more than usual. Cold comfort I know but does indicate the ways it's going.

Comment

Mark
          Click to see a current sales item from carolandadrian6.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DNF-21v-1...i:124461879378
          Yes. Rather strange. A spare lamp suitable for a Fujicascope SH30.
          Your price was very reasonable. In 2010 I paid £365 for mine from a well known seller and it needed repairs to the feed arm assembly before it could be used.

Maurice

Comment

Thanks all, I take great comfort in being on this forum with such caring people/hobbyists. Yes Maurice, what a surprise and what a cheek of a price and postage, for a lamp that weighes not much inc protective packaging. Oh and they returned my projector
            with badly wired 3 pin cable, the buyer said knock the price of the refund, now, where can I find a 3 pin mains cable for £399.99, and send him just 1p.

Comment

Working...
            X