Noris Record 200SM Slow motion fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noris Record 200SM Slow motion fail

Hi all, i have a Noris Record 200 SM which runs very smooth and silent but when in engage the slow motion feature hell breaks loose! the entire mechanism will run intermittently in a horrible way and it loses the lower loop because of it. same when running the slomo backwards then it loses the upper loop. What an unelegant way to do things. it is all bouncy. it even bounces the entire shutter back and forth, this is the way it was designed. could there be a way to get this better or is this projector as good as it gets? personally i dont really like noris projectors and this just confirms how i feel about them.

this is one i am going to sell on but i cannot sell a film destroyer in good conscience so i want to fix that slomo system

Erik

I once had a Noris sound projector. An expensive model but with a rather strange method of operating its lamp. I got fed up with it and sold it.

With regard to your silent projector I must admit I've never handled one. But I have checked out the Van Eck details on it.

https://van-eck.net/en/spare-part-fi...ord%20200%20SM

I scrolled down to the pictures of the back of the projector and enlarged one which shows the inner end of the control knob. It appears that when rotated it operate various different micro switches. It would seem that the problem lies somewhere around this part.

I suggest you remove the back and watch how the control knob does its selection of the micro switches.

Maurice

Comment

yes the problem isn't there, the micro switches all do their work fine. it has an super ugly made latch that falls in a gear and lets the mechanism make intermittent steps to slow the film down and alo the sprockets, but they go slightly faster and start pulling the film. the cam lifts the latch out of the catching gear to allow it to go to a next frame

Comment

after some thinking and tinkering i have allready found a solution. there is a set screw that dictates how high the latch catches a gear to block movement of the film.

that gear is on a slipper clutch so the motor keeps spinning. it was set too low so the latch missed every other tooth in the gear where as you set it higher it catches in every tooth.

this means that the filmloops are staying in place and the projector will not yank at the perforations or tries to transport the film while the shutter is open.

the slomo system runs much quieter now too but i have to say that i still think this is a very cumbersome way to do it. The system looks very much like a very bad copy of the Eumig mark 501's one speed slomo system. that projector is 10 years older and runs much smoother. i can imagine due to patent violations they couldn't copy it exactly. I say this because i cannot imagine factories didn't do some "corporate spying" by buying a machine from another brand and look how they did it.

here is a photo from edwin van eck his website explaining the set screw i mean. Click image for larger version

Name:	film_118_Record-200-SM_1598601176590.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	21899

Comment

Working...
        X