Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmo ST1200 new guy

Hi Guys,

New here and in the hobby as well, it’s been years since I wanted a vintage proyector, fortunately a got a friend who’s a member here and enthusiast from more tha 15 years and he’s been helping me and guide me in my beginnings.

My friend was able to find a nice Elmo ST1200 magnetic in good shape, the usual, melted belts, burned bulb, goo everywhere and lots of dust, I’ve been doing lots of reading and annoying mi friend every day a I can with tons of questions, very happy to be here and share with you this new adventure....

By the way I’m in Bogotá- Colombia, just imagine how hard is to get this stuff but it worth it.

Gustavo
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gustavo Fernandez Johnson; November 30, 2020, 05:38 PM.

Welcome Gustavo,
    There is a wonderful group of people here that can help you with the repair and maintenance of your projector (unfortunately, I am not one of them). It's always great to see someone new join the club. Best of luck with your projector.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Suchy View Post
      Welcome Gustavo,
      There is a wonderful group of people here that can help you with the repair and maintenance of your projector (unfortunately, I am not one of them). It's always great to see someone new join the club. Best of luck with your projector.
      Thanks Paul for this welcome,

Pretty sure experts will help to revive this beautiful proyector an start my collection. Here’s my wife and I.

Gustavo
      Attached Files

Comment

Welcome! For all of us Elmo ST users I can say.. we have all been there! Enjoy this wonderful hobby with one of its best machines! Anything you need to know about this machine can be found here-lots of very knowledgeable members-whether you want to know the best way to lube your machine or even create a blisteringly bright image with new HID lighting-these members are the best!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Rik View Post
          Welcome! For all of us Elmo ST users I can say.. we have all been there! Enjoy this wonderful hobby with one of its best machines! Anything you need to know about this machine can be found here-lots of very knowledgeable members-whether you want to know the best way to lube your machine or even create a blisteringly bright image with new HID lighting-these members are the best!

Hi Alan,

I’ve been reading some post regarding Elmo proyectors, actually waiting for new belts and as I see, the standard 15V 150W lamp, didn’t know can be upgradable with HID, more reading I guess. Restoration is something I really like, I collect vintage toys, Audio and Pinball machine’s, more than sure with all your knowledge this forgotten machine will shine again.

Gustavo

Comment

Welcome Gustavo! I own an Elmo ST1200HD. I have several other Elmo's too...love them all. Have fun with your restoration. The projector is well worth it!

Comment

Originally posted by Janice Glesser View Post
              Welcome Gustavo! I own an Elmo ST1200HD. I have several other Elmo's too...love them all. Have fun with your restoration. The projector is well worth it!
              Hi Janice,

I think I've read all your posts regarding your Elmo ST1200HD, very informative, now I'm just cleaning the old grease and buying old super 8mm movies I can, will post more pics of my restoration.

Regards from Bogota,
              Gustavo

Comment

Gustavo, if your projector runs well, you may consider one day replacing the standard 1.3 lens (that I assume is the one you have) by a 1.1 or even a 1.0 one. 1.0 lenses are expensive but 1.1 ones can be purchased for a more reasonable Price, at least in Europe. Both lenses give a brighter and larger picture than the 1.3 one. The good news is that these lenses can be used on other Elmo models as well (ST 180, GS 800, GS 1200) so if for any reason your projector stops working, you will still ne able to save the lens to use it on another Elmo or to resell it more easily than if it had been designed for one specific model. There is also a possibility to use Schneider 1.1 lenses ((11.5-30) that gives a larger picture that the 1.0 and 1.1 (12.5-30) but they surface seldom with the Elmo sleeve.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominique De Bast View Post
                  Gustavo, if your projector runs well, you may consider one day replacing the standard 1.3 lens (that I assume is the one you have) by a 1.1 or even a 1.0 one. 1.0 lenses are expensive but 1.1 ones can be purchased for a more reasonable Price, at least in Europe. Both lenses give a brighter and larger picture than the 1.3 one. The good news is that these lenses can be used on other Elmo models as well (ST 180, GS 800, GS 1200) so if for any reason your projector stops working, you will still ne able to save the lens to use it on another Elmo or to resell it more easily than if it had been designed for one specific model. There is also a possibility to use Schneider 1.1 lenses ((11.5-30) that gives a larger picture that the 1.0 and 1.1 (12.5-30) but they surface seldom with the Elmo sleeve.
                  Hi Dominique,

I've read a bout the lenses, but still waiting for the parts to ensure this proyector works properly, then the good stuff, movies and new 1.0 or 1.1 lens. I appreciate your comment.

Gustavo

Comment

Welcome, Gustavo!

Bringing one of these ancient machines back to full health is very rewarding: best of luck to you!

There's an entire Elmo technical topics section here:

https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/vbb/f...ase-contribute

-a lot of good advice!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Klare View Post
                      Welcome, Gustavo!

Bringing one of these ancient machines back to full health is very rewarding: best of luck to you!

-a lot of good advice!
                      Hi Steve,

Thanks for the link, I agreed, there's a lot of comfort to rescue this machines a give them a chance, to work again and enjoy the films with family.

Gustavo

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Klare View Post
                        Welcome, Gustavo!

-a lot of good advice!
                        Well Steve,

Great info, I’m just starting the cleaning focused on the worm drive, tools ready.
                        Attached Files

Comment

My ST 1200 it been lubed! Everything is running so smooth now, just a tad of súper lube.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Great, Gustavo !

Comment

Hi Gustavo, welcome to the Forum. See you soon in Bogotá.

Comment

Working...
                              X