Eumig S712D Slowing down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig S712D Slowing down.

I have an Eumig Mark S712D with a problem. It loads up (threads etc.) fine, it even runs ok, for a couple of mins, then it just slows down and stops tuning. The fan runs ok, the lamps still, on it just seems to run out of energy. I think something may be getting hot as let it cool down, we are back to the start.

Any suggestions ( apart from the obvious "put it in the bin" welcome.

Also a manual in English would be good if possible.

Nick

Hello Nick. Said it.many times.
    Buy a aerosol of Belt Dressing. Squirt a little on a lint free cloth and rub it on the two black drive wheels inside the back of the projector. You can get it from Halfords, Amazon ever fleabay. Its sticky and gives 100% traction.

Comment

Hi Nick, I was only talking today about how Eumigs appear to die whilst running. I wholeheartedly agree with Lee, the issue is usually the rubber contacts. I tend to (carefully) a braide the rubber with a fine tooth file to restore the 'grip', like a car tyre, smoother it is the less grip. Then I clean the rubber drive pads with Rubber Roller restorer from RS supplies. Do all this and the Eumig will probably regain her strength and motor on for another 40 plus years.

Comment

Thanks guys I will try anything once, (twice if I enjoy it). I will let you know how it goes.

Comment

Get that belt dressing young man you'll never need to do it again.
          very sticky stuff watch where you aim it.

Comment

Most of you won't believe this. I don't believe it, but it worked.

I cleaned the rubber discs of my 926 as it was running slow with methylated spirit (ethyl alcohol mixed with methyl; alcohol to prevent illegal drinking). It didn't work so to get it off as I was in a hurry I licked my finger and turned the projector by hand with my finger rubbing on the disc. I repeated this for the reverse projection disc. It ran to speed after drying.

I have now tried this with a 903, 810D and 710D all not running to speed - all run OK now (except the 710D in reverse at 24 fps).

Perhaps those discs just dry out over time.

Comment

Brian, if you search the forum archive you will find a whole spectrum of remedies for the Eumig slipping discs, but I have never heard of licking the disc as a solution! Maybe you were drinking Scotch before you did it, that would work! Or perhaps you had been eating garlic, and the Eumig decided to cooperate rather than suffer anymore of that! I hate to think that your saliva is like belt dressing!

Comment

I'd hate to think my saliva was like belt dressing, but it worked on 4 projectors, three without the meths.

Comment

Well Brian
                  it sounds to me like you've got the problem licked 😉🙈😎

Comment

There's an awful lot of Eumig owners in the world. Maybe you should bottle that stuff!

Comment

I'm sure people can supply their own at a better price.

Comment

😁 This is funnier than the jokes thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Fretwell View Post
                          Most of you won't believe this. I don't believe it, but it worked.

I cleaned the rubber discs of my 926 as it was running slow with methylated spirit (ethyl alcohol mixed with methyl; alcohol to prevent illegal drinking). It didn't work so to get it off as I was in a hurry I licked my finger and turned the projector by hand with my finger rubbing on the disc. I repeated this for the reverse projection disc. It ran to speed after drying.

I have now tried this with a 903, 810D and 710D all not running to speed - all run OK now (except the 710D in reverse at 24 fps).

Perhaps those discs just dry out over time.
                          Well Brian,
                          I have drunk the methylated spirits and licked the projector a few times but that does not seem to have worked..... However for some reason it does n't seem so important any more.........

Comment

Well I did say people wouldn't believe me. But I'm the one laughing as my projectors now run to speed.

Comment

you are gonna need to lick about 3 or 4 million projectors with these discs now

Comment

Working...
                              X