Eumig mark s 810 d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig mark s 810 d

I am considering acquiring this projector given it's capability for sound in a Dual 8mm format. But I don't know what I don't know. Can anyone chime in regarding this projector - good - bad - either? reviews - what to watch out for etc.? Thanks in advance.

Probably the most popular dual sound projector ever from the 1970s
    my original 807D next model down purchased in 1972 is still going.

Early 810D machines can be spotted by having a white lamp house cover with a narrower black model name plate on.
    Later 810D machines has a much wider name plate, improved film gate apertures with rounded corners, slightly bigger black back for better speaker and air flow.

The extra drive sprockets are stored within the lamp house cover making the projector self contained.

Problems.
    Check the red or blue paint on the sound head have not been disturbed. If so it indicates it may have been tampered with.
    check the lens is correct. Std models came with f1.3. Or f1.2. A limited number came with f1.1 much rarer.

Many paint body chips usually indicate they have not enjoyed a loving life. All 30 odd of my sound Eumigs are pretty much as new being loved.

Enjoy if you find a nice one.

Comment

Philip

With its dual-gauge options the 810D was probably Eumig's most popular projector. As Lee said, the extra drive sprockets are contained within the lamp house cover, as is the adapter for using Super 8 spools on the feed arm. In addition, there is a slot above the lamp for the other gate. Note that a Super 8 spool is the only type that can fit on the take-up arm.

There is only one claw and this can be damaged, or even broken off, when changing gates. It is imperative to withdraw the claw which is done by turning the left side rear's inching knob and setting its red dot at the 12 o'clock position.

The lamp used is still currently available at quite a reasonable price. It is a 12volt 100watt A1/231, also known as an EFP.

I suggest that you try to examine an 810D before you buy to make sure that all the conversion parts are still there. Often then tend to walk.

An Instruction Manual can be downloaded from the following web-site. Scroll down to the Eumig S810 Series.

Film-Tech (film-tech.com)

Maurice

Comment

Working...
      X