Eumig Mark 501 hidden in the attic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig Mark 501 hidden in the attic

Hi for Norway. I found a Eumig mark 501, 8mm projector in my fathers attic along with a lot of private films. Very new to this, plugged it in but i think i need to clean it etc. The lamp does not give much light either. To start the process of getting to see all these family films I'm am looking for a user manual, and maybe maintenance manual. I have searched the internet for a day or two with no luck. Then I found this forum. Can anybody help ?.
    PS I have looked in the Warehouse on this page as well, but of course the one I needed was not there. Would very much appreciate some guidance. Thanks.

Its a copy I managed to save and put together some time ago. Eumig 501D.pdf

Nick

Comment

Thank a lot. Really helped me.

Comment

Hello Elias. From what I see (https://van-eck.net/en/spare-part-fi...ype=Mark%20501), your projector uses a 50 watt bulb and has a 1.6 lens, so I wouldn't expect too much light. Be aware that if it's the "spaceman" bulb model (like on the picture), it's now expensive to replace. Sorry for the bad news.

Comment

It is possible to set the lamps "Hotspot" by adjusting the position of the lamp, you " focus " the lamp so its brightest at the centre of the screen, some projectors have screws in the lamp housing to enable the lamp holder to be moved slightly. However before getting into this I suggest a thorough cleaning of the optics first especially if its been sat idle for some time.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Regan View Post
            .....It is possible to set the lamps "Hotspot" by adjusting the position of the lamp.....
            Elias
            The method of lamp adjusting is in the Instruction Manual under "Centering the Lamp".

Maurice

Comment

My 501 does have the Spaceman lamp and I'm sure that all do, no change to halogen reflector until the 610D. I remember Tony Schapps saying he could not do an upgrade for them due to limited space, and the 8v 50w diathermic reflector lamps Thorn produced are long gone.

Comment

Van Eck have a source and are selling new 8v 50w lamps

Comment

Yes
                  At €35 each.
                  Van Eck Video Services Webwinkel (van-eck.net)

Maurice

Comment

That spaceman lamp has allways been an expensive lamp and with a short lifespan, only 20 hours. the only way to get around this is searching for a younger projector that uses the generic 12v 100 watt lamp (eumig 600 range for instance). they last "only" 50 hours but van eck has an improved model that lasts 600 hours and is 16,75 euro's. the 50 hour costs 10,75.

but my advice, just run with it and it may last long enough for you to watch the films. the 501 is a lovely small and light projector

Comment

Also you could upgrade the lens to say a 1.3, there are plenty about.This would give you a bit more light

Comment

Working...
                      X