Help re Speakers For Bauer T600/T610

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help re Speakers For Bauer T600/T610

I have two sets of the clip together Elmo Speakers.

​​​​I will keep one set for my Elmo GS1200 but I want to use the other set for my Bauer T600+T610 Projectors, but the 'plugs' on the speaker-cables and the input-sockets on the both my Bauers are different and not compatible.

I will post pictures of both, but was wondering if it's: Possible to obtain the necessary 'plugs' to put on the cables? If so, will this work and how difficult a job is it?

Once again, many thanks in anticipation of some help with this 😊

Comment

Comment

Ali
        These are what you need. Quite a simple job as they have screw terminals.
        4 x 2 Pin DIN Male Speaker Plug With Screw Terminals For HiFi Speaker Socket 5060537680415 | eBay

Maurice

Comment

Ah many thanks Maurice!

I'd already found the same on eBay, but wasn't sure if they would be suitable/work - but now you've answered that for me, so thank you 👍😊

Comment

Ali
            When you connect the two DIN plugs make sure the two speakers are connected in phase, i.e., that their cones vibrate together and not out of phase.
            You will see that the twin speaker lead has one grey part and the other is similar but has a black tracer.
            Make sure that the two plugs are wired in the same way. Out of phase speakers will not give a good sound reproduction.

Maurice

Comment

Certainly the correct plugs, but remember to tin the wires, keep them as short as possible, and i would put heatshrink over the block connector when done, so even if the wire comes loose or brakes it won't touch the other cable and short it out. That would probably take out one side of the output if its not short circuit protected.............

Comment

Many thanks for your advice and information Maurice and Paul - I've ordered the plugs and will pickup a soldering-iron and solder too.

Maurice - as long as I wire the two plugs the same way, does matter which wire goes to which terminal?

Ali

Comment

Ali
                  The answer is no.
                  But the two plugs must each be wired the same way.

Maurice

Comment

Ok Maurice and many thanks for confirming that.

Ali

Comment

Working...
                    X