Bolex G8-18 "DuoFilm" dual-gauge movie film projector, Switzerland 1949

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolex G8-18 "DuoFilm" dual-gauge movie film projector, Switzerland 1949

I've never seen one of these beauties. Would like to buy it as it's a local sale but alas, the bulbs cost 35 dollars a piece. Anyone know if I could find a 'fix' for the lamp housing for an LED?Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 6.49.39 AM.png
Views:	187
Size:	1,022.9 KB
ID:	23776

Currently LED does not work for projection. But, you could upgrade to halogen which is your best option. Of course you would need to find a way to mount and install a halogen bulb. This might involve a custom made bracket, etc. Beautiful projector by the way!

Comment

It's actually a G816.
      Bolex Collector | Projectors | Model G

Maurice

Comment

Some more pictures. It comes with 2 gates, 2 sets of rollers, 2 lenses and two gauges of lamp housing lenses.Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 3.40.08 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	912.9 KB ID:	23817 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 3.40.43 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	899.9 KB ID:	23818 ​ Here are some more pictures.
        Last edited by Richard Bock; December 22, 2020, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Richard
          This is truly a collector's piece, so my recommendation is to go for it if it has a reasonable price.
          You can sort out the lamp situation later.

Maurice

Comment

If it has a condenser lens system with a mains voltage lamp it might be possible to replace that with an LED array of a similar size to the filament of the lamp. A 10 or 50W LED and heat sink might fit. but it would take some experimenting to get it to work.

Comment

Working...
            X